8-Linger

Last chapter. Thanks for choosing my story, hope you had a good time reading it

You know I'm such a fool for you.
You got me wrapped around your finger.
Do you have to let it linger?

My mouth was slurred because of the sleeping pills and I had no idea what time it was. I went down to the kitchen and prepared something to eat, then I went to the bathroom trying to bring my look back to normal, but couldn't.

In returning to my room, I heard that a car was coming into our yard; I looked out and saw a black Mercedes which stopped next to my car: I had no idea who it was; maybe it was a colleague of my mother.

I turned the stereo on and I fell back on the bed crying; shortly after my bedroom door opened and from the hallway, the voice of my mother told me that there was a visit for me.

I emerged from under the pillow and found myself face to face with Liam Gallagher himself. He put a hand on my head, sliding it on my forehead in a vain attempt to move away from my eyes, the plastered to my face with tears hair.

I was so speechless with amazement, that I let him and when he finally managed to see my features, he said:

-I can see the beauty Miles sees in you, even with swollen eyes and messy hair.

I quickly wiped the tears and I confronted him:

-If ya came for your threesome, I'm sorry, but that other worm is in Dublin to record with me brother's band.

-Miles said you were stubborn and with a very bad character- exclaimed Liam without losing the smile and then he sat on the edge of the bed.

-Weird, I thought ya had only talked about me performances under the sheets.

-Stop of being on the defensive, I'm here to explain you a few things.

-Is he such a coward that he needs a lawyer? I don't even want to listen to ya- I said, hiding myself again under the sheets.

Liam, then, took the ends of the sheet and wrapped me up, and then he lifted me up in weight and took me out as if I were a huge salami. Once in the garden he unrolled the bedding, making me fall heavily to the ground.

-Let's see if daylight will illuminate your mind: now shut up and listen to me.

The sun was bothering me; I could not even look towards Liam, because the glare of the day offended my sore eyes.

-Miles doesn't even know I'm here. He called me to tell me that you had heard our call and you got it all wrong, he was desperate.

-Misunderstood? Don't tell me that he didn't tell ya the details of our fuck, because it was the only thing that interested ya both.

Liam's face flushed, but not in shame, as I thought, but by anger; he knelt on the grass so he could look in my eyes and he said in a serious way:

-He had a tone that I had never heard before, not the one of a guy who made bullshit, but the one of a person who has just lost everything. And in his words I heard the same resignation of someone who is on the brink of a precipice, and would throw himself because he has nothing to lose.

-Don't be fooled ya too.

-Stupid, stubborn Irish bloke! But I'm from Manchester and you can't overcome me so easily. Do you want to know how the conversation went on? He told me that he was really in love with you. Do you get me? Miles is the guy who is nice to everyone, but who, in the end, doesn't not take home any because he still believes in love.