Chapter Six- Kate and Victoria

Saturday brought with it more guests, and I quickly headed downstairs to find that Victoria was standing outside. 

"Come in, come in! It's great to see you Auntie Victoria," I told her, and she smiled. 

She moved a hand through her blonde hair as she stepped inside, and then thanked me for being so welcoming. 

I really did love my aunties. They were probably the coolest people I had ever met. 

I soon noticed that Kate was close behind her, and directed a smile towards her, too. 

"Hey Kiera!" she smiled, as she pulled me into a hug. 

"Hi, come in. Make yourselves at home," I told them, as I led them into the living room. 

I then independently headed into the kitchen so that I could grab them some coffee and cookies. I knew those were their favourites, and then I headed back into the room to place them down for them. 

"We can always count on you to be a welcoming host," Kate said. 

"Well, I'm happy to see the both of you!" I returned, with a kind smile upon my face. 

I really was glad that they were both here, actually. 

It had been a while. 

Okay, so, I hadn't seen them since Christmas, but still!

The two of them did veer towards being quite busy, even now, later on in their careers. 

Victoria watched as a condor fluttered past our window, and then turned her attention back to me. 

"So, how have you been, Kiera? How have classes been going?" she inquired. 

"They've been going pretty well, actually, Aunt Tori," I said. 

She beamed back at me. 

"I'm glad! I can't believe you're almost a university graduate," she stated. 

"Well, she does have a year left. Don't make her feel too anxious for her future, Vic," Kate whispered. 

Victoria turned to her and gave a nod of agreement. 

"Enjoy it, Kiera. I know I certainly never forget my own university experience," she stated. 

"And who would let you do that?" Kate returned. 

I just smirked at the both of them. 

It was no secret that my aunties had both met in university, the same place my own mothers had. 

I adored their story, actually. 

They hadn't always gotten along, but over time they had realised that the most perfect person for them was right next to them. 

Literally. 

They were roommates. 

I smiled. 

"I'm here, I'm here, I'm here!" Margo quickly announced, moving a hand through her dark hair as she stepped into the living room. 

She immediately grinned after catching sight of our guests. 

"Kate, Victoria! It's so lovely to see the both of you," she said, as she gathered them into a hug. 

"You too, Margo," Kate replied. 

"I'm so happy actually," Margo said. 

"Yeah? That's good, mom," I said to her, smiling her way.