Chapter Twenty-Nine- Goodbyes and Butterflies

A few days later, I knew another eventful day was ahead of me. 

I got up early so that I could write for a couple of hours, and then changed into a blue sequin sweater and indigo jeans, before heading downstairs to greet my mothers, with kisses on their cheeks. 

"You seem rather chipper this morning," Margo commented. 

"I feel it. Starla and I had a video call yesterday evening. It was amazing," I told the both of them. 

It truly had been, too. 

It was nice to see Starla so happy with Mari, who was currently staying with Starla and Starla's father. 

Her father had also come around a lot, and he was far more accepting now, which was always a great thing to find. 

"I suppose I just feel a lot more optimistic about everything in my life, at the minute," I stated, then. 

Fox and Margo both beamed my way, with expressions of pride on their faces. 

"We love you, girl," Fox said, as she hugged me for a second. 

"We really do," Margo said, taking her turn to affectionately hug me, too. 

"And I love the two of you," I said, with a sincere expression. 

They just beamed towards me. 

"We're proud of you, honey," Margo told me. 

It meant a lot, especially coming from them. 

All I really wanted to do was make them proud. 

I went to say something else, but before I got the chance, I heard the sound of knuckles against the front door, and went to open it to find Logan stood there. 

Phew. 

Thank goodness it was just him, and not some stranger. 

He smiled at me, and I returned the expression. 

"Hey Key, do you want to hang out?" he asked. 

I nodded in agreement, and called out to my mothers to let them know where I would be going. 

Logan and I then began to head away from my house, and down the sidewalk. 

Fortunately the skies were clear today. 

It was a rather pleasant day, in truth. 

"How are you doing, Loges?" I inquired. 

He turned to me, and the corner of his mouth lifted a little, as his eyes brightened. 

"I am well, Kiera. How are you?" he asked me. 

"I'm good," I replied, but I could tell he had something else on his mind. 

I would just have to ask him more about that soon. 

"The future is bright, Kiera," Logan said. 

I really thought he was right. 

We soon approached the park, where we found Lia sat. 

She stood up, once she caught sight of the two of us, and wandered over. 

"Hey," she said, a pleasant expression immediately became present upon her face, as she greeted the both of us. 

Logan wandered over to her to kiss her, and they just looked right together. 

I hadn't suspected it initially, but I supposed this hadn't been the only surprise recently. 

My thoughts drifted to Starla and Mari for a moment, and I really was glad that the both of them were doing well.