Chapter 15

*Valerie is 4 years old now*
___________________________________

Valerie is snuggled into her mom's embrace. She's already wearing pjs and her hair is braided. In her hands she holds her favorite stuffed animal, Fred the bunny. Every other minute she looks up to Veronica.

"Mommy?"

"Yes sweetheart"

"There's a daddy daughter dance on Friday. Can I go?"

"Sure, you just have to ask daddy if he can go with you"

"Can I call him now?"

Veronica sighs but grabs her phone from the coffee table. She selects Archie's contact and hands her phone to her daughter.
Almost immediately he picks up.

"Ronnie? Are you okay? Is Valerie?"

The little girl giggles. "It's me daddy"

"Oh" he chuckles "Hi princess, what's up?"

"There is a daddy daughter dance at school on Friday. Will you go with me?"

"Of course. Just tell mommy to text me when I should pick you up"

"Okay"

"Bye sweetie, I love you"

"I love you too daddy, bye bye"

Valerie grins widely when she hands Veronica her phone. She snuggles back into her mom's side and grabs her hand. "You really love your daddy, huh?" Veronica whispers while she runs her fingers through her daughter's hair and twirls the ends.

Valerie tilts her head and looks up to her mom. "Te quiero mucho mommy"

"I know Val. I love you too baby" she smiles and kisses her daughter's forehead. The little girl falls asleep soon after.

•••

"Do a kissy face" Veronica giggles. She kneels in front of Valerie in her bedroom and is desperately trying to apply some lipgloss on her daughter's lips but the little girl is too excited to stand still.

"Val stop" Veronica laughs.

"I want to do it"

"Okay fine" she gets up, lifts her into her arms and walks towards a big mirror. "You have to do a kissy face though"
The girl leans forward. One of her hands hold on to Veronica with her other she applies the lipgloss. Veronica giggles at how concentrated Valerie is.

"Good job honey. That's perfect" Veronica squeals and sets her daughter down. Valerie hands her mom the lipgloss and admires her work.
When she hears a knock the little girl squeals and runs to the door.

"Valerie don't open the door!" Veronica warns and follows her daughter but Valerie doesn't listen. She gets on her tiptoes, reaches for the door handle and opens it.

"Daddy!" Valerie squeals. She grabs his hand and jumps up and down. Archie chuckles at how excited Valerie is. He lifts her into his arms and places multiple kisses on her cheek.

"Hi sweetie, you look beautiful, like a real princess" he says and hands her a rose.

"Thank you" she giggles "look at my necklace, it's mommy's" she squeals and points to some pearls around her neck.

"Beautiful honey. Are you ready to go"

"Mhm"

Archie reaches into his jacket and pulls his phone out of his pocket. He holds it towards Veronica with a smile on his face. "Ron, can you take some pictures of us?"