Chapter 17

Veronica is still sound asleep when she suddenly hears her daughter climb up into her bed. The little girl crawls under the blanket and lies her head next to Veronica's.

"Mommy, are you awake?"

"I am now" she giggles and pulls the girl into her chest.
"Why are you up baby? It's so early"

"I can't sleep I'm too excited. I can't wait to go to Riverdale and see daddy and grandma and abuelo and abuelita and auntie B and uncle jug"

"I understand sweetheart but mommy is still a little tired" Veronica says. She grabs her phone from the nightstand and hands it to her daughter. "Why don't you play a game or watch some Netflix and let mommy sleep for a little bit"

"Okay" Valerie grins and snuggles into her mother side.

After about half an hour Veronica rolls onto her side and wraps one arm around her daughter. She slowly opens her eyes just to she Valerie asleep.

"My sweet little baby. I don't even want to imagine what my life would be like without you" she whispers and kisses the little girl's head before she gets up and walks into the bathroom.
She washes her face and her hands before she walks into the kitchen to prepare breakfast.
Just as she wanted to pour herself a cup of coffee, she feels two arms wrap around her legs.

"Mommy"

"Morning sweetie" Veronica smiles and lifts her daughter onto the kitchen counter.

"Mommy?"

"Yes baby" she giggles.

"Why do we live in New York and daddy and auntie B in Riverdale?"

"Oh sweetheart, I told you so many times" Veronica says as she puts her scrambled eggs onto her plate. She turns so she stands in front of her daughter before she takes her little hands into hers.
"Mommy moved to New York for college when you were still in my tummy. Your dad went to college in Riverdale and aunt Betty and uncle Jug moved back after they graduated"

"Why didn't we when you grad- gradu- graduated?"
Veronica giggles at her daughter's failed attempt to pronounce 'graduated' the right way. She caresses her cheek and kisses her head before she answers the question.

"Because all your friends are here honey. I didn't want to rib you out of your environment and besides I really like New York. Don't you?"

"I do but I also like Riverdale and I want more sleepovers at daddy's. I have only been at his place a few times because he always comes to New York"

Veronica sighs and lifts Valerie off the counter.

"I'll think about it okay?"

"Okay"

She walks to a little table were they eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. The sound of her bare feet pattering over the floor makes Veronica smile. She follows behind her and hands her a bowl of cereal after she sat down.

"Gracias mommy"

"You're welcome sweetheart"

Valerie shoves a spoon of froot loops into her mouth with some milk running down on the side. She stares at her mother who's poking her fork in her eggs.

"Mommy aren't you hungry?"

"Huh? Oh! No not really"