The Styles

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! (if you're american)

Harry's POV

I walk into Starbucks craving a coffee. The shop is empty. A young barista comes up for my order. Her eyes go wide when she sees I’m harry styles.

“Can I have a chi tea latte?” I ask ignoring her reaction. A bell dings as someone else walks in. I think she stole my breath from me as she walked in. She had on an Oxford sweatshirt and jack Willis sweat pants. Her blonde wavy hair thrown up high into a pony tail, big brown blood shot eyes hiding behind glasses. She looks like shit, but she looked beautiful at the same time. I turn back to the barista as she gives me my total.

“Hey whatever the girl gets is on me, okay? I’ll pay it before I leave.” I say

“She does look like she’s having a shit day, doesn’t she?” She smiles at me and nods as I walk away with my coffee and the girl walks up to get hers. I pull up my email on my phone but I stare at the girl. She starts to get out her wallet when the barista stops her and the girl smiles. The barista points over at me. I quickly dart my eyes back to my screen and take another sip of coffee. I can still see her out of the corner of my eye though. Her blonde hair whips around and she looks me up and down. She takes her coffee from the barista. She walks over to me.

“Thank you, but you really didn’t have to do that.” Her voice…. It’s different…

“Yes I did. You looked like you were having a shitty day.” I smile up at her. I can’t help it.

She laughs humorlessly. “That’s an understatement. Well I got to work, school project due tomorrow.” She has an accent from somewhere… I just can’t place where.

“Wait! One question, where are you from. Your accent is so different…” I ask. This time she laughs a real laugh, it’s so beautiful.

“Louisiana,” She smiles walking away. So that’s where it’s from, the southern part of the states...  She walks over to the other side and pulls out her mac book. I sit there for another 30 minutes.  I get up to throw away my cup for a split second I have the courage to walk over and ask for her number. Then the bell rings again. 2 girls walk over to her chatting away. Bye bye, courage. I walk out yelling at myself for not getting it sooner.

—•——•——•——•——•——•—•——•——•——•——•——•—•——•——•——•——•——•——•—

The Starbucks at 3 became a regular thing for me. It was always the same barista and the golden hair girl always came in at 3:05. We all kind of became silent friends, a little conversation here and there, sometimes a wave or smile. One day I was late because of a meeting with Simon and a huge storm. I past star bucks to see the barista closing up. It is 5. I sigh; mad at myself for missing the golden haired girl. I pulled up to the corner. If there wasn’t stop sign there I would have zoomed off and not noticed the girl standing at the bus stop.

“Hey you need a ride?” I call out to her. She looks up, her gray been only contain some of the golden waves that I’ve come to love. Her brown eyes met mine. It’s the first time I’ve seen her without glasses, she looks so pretty. She looks unsure.

“Come on, you don’t want to get soaked by the rain do you?” I ask to reassure her.

“It’s not going to rain though,” She said, “I’ll be fine,”

“If you’re sure,” I really want to grab her and throw her in the car but that might be hard to explain.

I turn the corner right when rain just starts to pour. I curse under my breath and drive around the block. The poor girl is shivering so violently. So violently she doesn’t see the sketchy guys walking up from behind.