35.

There were no movements in the room, and even though the room was full of people, it was about as full of life as a bus of people on the way to a school after summer break. No one was moving, no one was talking, and it seemed that no one was breathing. All the attention was on the person who was in the bed, the person who had passed out, and the person who seemingly held the people together. Sibling to two, daughter to one, niece to another, and a friend to the rest, they were all basically family, and yet they were all worried for the one 16 year old girl in the bed. Yes, half of them may not be there, but they were still checking in, and keeping tabs on the teenager. Day in, day out, it was the same, they wake up, eat, go down to the hospitals, stay there, eat, and sleep again, throwing in the occasional shower. It seemed that no one had talked for days, and the place that was usually so full of laughter was not silent, only the occasional cough or squeak of a shoe on the floor as the people walked through the hospital floor. Then, before anyone could say "Assemble" that routine that half of the Avengers and an extra person had fallen into would change.

The change started out as a quiet cough which drew every person in the room to look in the direction of the noise. The cough changed to gasping for air, as the source realized she was hooked up, and then it changed as she clawed at the tubs, wanting them out of her, and finally, someone yelling for a doctor and the only one they would trust ran in, immediately withdrawing the tube from her system, calming her down almost immediately.

~•~Breanna's POV~•~

All I could see was darkness, and I couldn't hear a thing either. There was no light, and there was no sound. It was just a big void of nothing. Then, colors appeared and I watched in awe as a picture started to take place.

In the picture was six stones, all seemingly hidden in different locations, and then I watched in horror as the tranquility of the stones was shattered, one by one, them being taking by a large, purple man, and put into some sort of glove. As the 6th stone was connecting with the glove, however, I was pulled from the void of darkness that had been my home for I don't know how long and back into a room full of people who I didn't recognize at first, but remembered who they were after the thing came out of my throat. I look around at each person, before my eyes land on one person in particular.

"D-"

"Shhh, Breanna, your throat is really sore, don't worry about talking, just drink this water"

I look at Bruce before nodding, drinking the water before attempting to talk again.

"W-where a-am I?"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Word Count~ 509