Chapter 18

Charlie-

I was deep in though lying under the bridge when I heard a noise. It was a girl screaming something. At first I couldn't make out the words, but then I heard it. "SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!" Screamed a familiar voice. It took me a while to realize that it was Emily who was screaming. I jumped up and ran towards her house. Her house was near the bridge so it didn't take me long to get there. I saw that the front door was knocked down. I ran even faster up to Emily's room. Then I saw something awful. Brandon was trying to attack Emily. He was on top of her trying to kiss her. My first instinct was to throw him off of her. I grabbed his wrist then threw him off Emily. I picked Emily up bridal style and ran. I could tell that Brandon was drunk because of his unsure footsteps. While running I grabbed my phone. I handed it to Emily and said, "Call 911! Tell them that we are being chased by a drunk man." Emily just nodded her head and called 911.

Emily-

I held the phone up to my ear, waiting for someone to pick up. An operator finally picked up and said, "911 what's your emergency?" I told them exactly what Charlie told me to say. The operator replied with, "We will send help your way." I turned off the phone and handed it to Charlie. I turned to see if Brandon was still there. He was, and we was gaining on us. "We need to go faster! Put me down and I'll run too." I yelled. Charlie then placed me down and we started running. In a few seconds all we could hear was sirens.

Charlie-

The police showed up and caught Brandon. We explained the whole story to them. I left out the part about the cutting. My sleeves were pulled down so no one could see the cuts. The officers took Brandon to jail for drinking as a minor and breaking and entering. I didn't want to be mean but I was glad. I decided to walk Emily home just in case. "Do you want to come in?" Asked Emily. I smiled and said, "Sure why not?" Once inside Emily explained the whole Brandon incident.

I'm trying to update sooner. I may end the story in the next chapter or the next one. I'll write a new book about whatever you want, just give me some suggestions. Thanks for reading this! Hope you liked this update. -V