10

"Hey!" Michaels shakes me, "your fucking alarm has been going off for 20 minutes." What! I over slept?

I have 10 minutes to get ready and make it to ballet practice. I jump out of bed. Luckily I had my things for today laid out.

"Nice ass." Michael states in a deep sleepy voice. I'm in to much of a rush to even try to fight off his venom words.

If I'm late on the second day Madame might have me kicked out of class and I won't be able to make the lead dancer. I've dreamed of becoming the lead in a major production since I was a little girl.

After I throw sweats on over my pajama shorts, I tightly put my hair into a bun and walk out the door. "make sure you lock up." I say to Michael as I leave.

"come on, come on." I say trying to start my car. After another dozen tries, I give up.

I grab my bag and take off sprinting. The dance studio isn't that far and I should make it there. I'm too determined to mess this up on my second day. I need this.

"You're late."  Madame says as I entered. Before I had anytime to explain she spits, "Thank you for showing up, too bad you are late. Please excuse yourself from class and try to be on time next class."

I feel my heart fall through the tiles and into the depths of hell where it's set on fire. I don't say anything, I just leave.

I get to my car and drive to get some breakfast. If Michael hadn't come over, none of this would happen. I got too caught up in him and now I most likely won't get a spot in the play.

This is all his fault. I should be dancing my ass off right now, but I'm driving to get food. I knew he was trouble, but not like this. It's not the kind of trouble that gets you in jail, but the kind that eats you away mentally. Like what I'm doing now.

I decide to stop thinking about him as I pull up to the drive threw and order my breakfast and coffee from a

the local Starbucks.

After arriving back at my apartment I wonder if Michael was still here. I walk in to find the rouge teenager still asleep on my bed. This sends fire through my veins. I walk up to him and