twenty-one.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

oxxi. more big birds all around

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

IT WAS THE next night, Chloe sitting in the back seat with Leonard in the passenger and Rip in the front seat.

Apparently Jax had gone on a date with this cheerleader named Betty, who was also the girlfriend of one of the missing kids, Tommy.

"Gideon traced Jax's last biosignature to this location." Rip told the two as they made their way out of the car, Chloe having a gun in her hand as they made their way over to the car.

The couple had been worried about the boys safety because it had been a long few hours since he'd checked in. When they made their way over, the three saw a blonde wearing a high ponytail bleeding from a couple slashed to the neck.

"Holy shit--" Chloe let out, eyes widened slightly.

"Well, it seems you had good reason to be concerned about Mr. Jackson's safety."

"Yeah, sucks being right all the time." Leonard droned as Chloe chuckled under her breath, smirking softly.

"Well, Let's help the bleeding cheerleader, now, huh?" Chloe questioned, putting her gun away as she went over to the passenger seat, the two men quickly coming to help.

NOW BACK AT the Waverider; Rip, Leonard and Chloe stood around the knocked out blonde who was now in one of the Med Bays seats.

"She has suffered several severe lacerations. I am attempting to cauterize the wound." Gideon told them.

"What happened?" Stein demanded as he walked over.

"I don't know. But I'm guessing Jax and Peggy Sue had a pretty lousy first date." Leonard told the older man as Chloe slapped his arm, "Shut the hell up, Leonard- Shes waking up!"

"Where is Jefferson?" Stein demanded once more.

"He wasn't there, Stein." Chloe softly told the man as Leonard let out a monotone, "Ow."

Martin examined the wounds, "These wounds don't appear to consistent with a knife."

"Correct." Gideon told the professor, "I believe these lacerations were made by talons."