twenty-six.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

oxxvi. talks, fights and scolding

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"UH- WHAT WAS that?" Chloe questioned from her spot next to Sara in the pallor of the Waverider.

"That was our jumpship taking off." Jax informed the group that we're in the room.

"How could Per Degaton have escaped?" Stein demanded, confused.

"I'll bet some good money that Hunters got something to do with this." Chloe stated, crossing her arms over her chest, wondering what her boyfriend was doing since he wasn't in the room.

"Gideon, who else is on the jump ship?" Ray questioned the AI.

"It's being piloted by Captain Hunter." Gideon responded.

Chloe snapped her fingers, a smirk finding its way onto her face, "Knew it."

"Who just turned off his transponder." Jax spoke up at the same time, the twos voices overlapping.

"Sounds like someone doesn't want us following him." Sara said, dejectedly and slightly annoyed.

"Why?" Stein questioned.

"I thought it was obvious--" Chloe spoke again, "He doesn't want us stopping his little murder plot." Her tone made it seem like she was making a joke but the team knew the redhead was correct in her assumption. There was a silence that still followed her words however.

Ray was the first to speak again, "Okay--" He paused for a moment before going on, "Just think about this. Where could Rip be taking Per Degaton?"

Jax sighed, "Jump ships got a range of 8,000 miles, so. . . Anywhere."

"It doesn't matter where he's taking him." Sara said, "All that matters is what he's gonna do to him when he gets there."

Chloe scoffed, muttering under her breath, "Do you people not get that this is baby fucking Hitler?"

Sara sent the woman a small glare hearing her remark, really she was telling the woman to shut up about Per Degaton being baby Hitler. Chloe just shook her head softly, giving a small smile of annoyance.