𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦

TWELVE
"YOU'RE GOING TO REGRET THIS"

-

"you guys can wear those if you really want, but I refuse to go outside with one of those over my head" Julia said, crossing her arms.

"Fine. But you're still coming with us wether you like it or not."

"Do I really have to? I have a rather important exam on monday that I really need to study for" Julia sighed, and Kristy gave her a look that she decided not to oppose.

So that was how she got there, standing to the side while her friends walked about wearing large boards with the details of the babysitters club written on them.

"Need a sitter? Call the babysitters club!"

"Mary Anne? you're not saying anything"

"This is my nightmare. I feel ridiculous" Mary Anne said.

"You guys look ridiculous" Julia muttered quietly, none of the others hearing.

"Kristy is one of those IT clowns, bringing night terrors into the daylight"

Kristy continued to shout, "Were offering special rates to loyal customers!"

"just remember, sometimes you think people are judging us even though you're not" Julia said quietly, as Mary Anne hid behind the sign.

A girl honked the horn from her car and leaned out of the window, "you look stupid" she said.

Kristy sighed, lets just go home.

They were soon with Stacey, walking down the road.

"So we didn't get any business from the sandwich boards, but at least we got our steps in" Claudia said.

"Sorry I couldn't be there guys" Stacey said, and Kristy turned to her.

"Another trip to New York in your dad's black Porche? We understand." she said, sarcasm dripping from her voice.

"Should we even have a meeting today? We all know we aren't going to get any calls, and I have a ton of math homework to slog through"

"Do you just want to cancel?"

"We don't have any new jobs on the horizon, plus I don't think I have it in me to sit and watch the phone not ring." Mary Anne said.

"Let's just not do it for today I guess" Julia shrugged.

"Whoa. what is that?" Kristy stopped for a moment.

There was a small boy sitting on the edge of the road, pushing a toy into the middle of it.

"Jamie!" Kristy ran towards him, and Julia ran into the road to retrieve the toy. "What are you doing? You can't be in the street all alone!" Kristy said.

As Julia moved out of the way, a car drove past them, honking the horn.

Jamie looked up at Kristy, "my new babysitters told me to come out here and play alone"

Kristy stormed straight up to the house, and Julia took hold of Jamie's hand as they followed behind her.

Kristy walked straight inside and stood in front of Lacey Lewis and a boy, who were both looking at a phone, her arms crossed.

"Have you no decency?"

"Ew, what?"

"You left Jamie outside and he almost got hit by a car, you call that babysitting?" Kristy asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about. He's fine." Lacey said, looking at Jamie, "go up to your room and play okay?" she said to him.

"kids shouldn't trespass, you're gonna get a hall pass or a disneyland fast pass or you're gonna her a head slap" the guy next to Lacey said as if he were trying to rhyme it.

Claudia raised an eyebrow, and Mary Anne said, "That doesn't rhyme, sir"

"Kim left me in charge, so it's my right to protect this property with whatever means necessary"

Julia heard Stacey searching through her pockets, and she pulled out her phone, and dialled in a number.

"Hi, Kim? Stacey, from the Babysitters Club" she said, aiming a smile at Lacey, "Yeah, I just wanted to let you know something that happened with Jamie."

"You're going to regret this." Lacey said, but Stacey continued.

"Trust me, I think you will regret this more" Julia said, frowning at her warning.

"Try me." Lacey said, making direct eye contact with Julia, "I know for a fact that little miss perfect has some flaws of her own"

Julia's eyes widened slightly in understanding as she continued to glare at Lacey, hating her more and more every second that she smirked at her.

What they didn't know was, Lacey was right. They were both going to going to regret it.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
thank you so much for 1k reads! please
be sure to vote for this chapter :)
//