𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘸𝘰

TWENTY TWO
"ICE CREAM"

-

"So they're in Sea City? That's so cool!"

It was early evening, and Sam was walking along next to Julia, talking about how Mary Anne and Stacey were in Sea City on an out of town job.

"How long are they gone for?"

"A few days, they went on Monday, they come back tomorrow"

"And you don't have any other jobs this week, right?"

Julia shook her head, they had the week off school and had finally found time to hang out together, and they were walking towards the park.

Sam linked his arm through Julia's, and they both laughed as he did so. They walked along, pulling each other in different directions, almost tripping over as they did so.

They soon arrived at the park, and they went to sit down on a bench towards a small cafe, where they both bought a small cup of ice cream, Julia getting a scoop of Cookie Dough while Sam got a scoop of strawberry.

While Sam wasn't looking, Julia reached over and took a small spoonful of his ice cream and put it in her mouth, grinning when Sam turned to her.

"Hey! I saw that" he said, instantly trying to take a spoon of Julia's one, and she turned away from him so he couldn't take one.

"Oh come on, just let me have a tiny bit, I wanna try it"

"Well you should have chosen this flavour instead of strawberry" Julia shrugged, still grinning.

"Well you should have chosen strawberry instead of cookie dough" Sam said in reply.

"That's not the point" Julia laughed, still deciding to give in and let Sam take a small spoonful of her ice cream.

"It's not even that good"

Julia rolled her eyes, pushing Sam playfully.

"Well, you're the one who was being dramatic about it in the first place" Julia shrugged.

They soon finished their ice cream, and it was starting to get dark, so they decided to go back and hang out on one of their porches in front of their houses.

They ended up sitting on the steps outside Julia's house, Julia forcing Sam to take selfies with her so she could print them out and stick them on her walls.

"Aw come on, one more" Julia asked, and Sam sighed, a smile on his face, "you said one more around five photos ago"

Julia raised an eyebrow, and Sam laughed, "Fine, one more photo."

Julia held her phone out and rested her head on Sam's shoulder, taking a photo quickly and putting her phone down.

"See, no more photos"

Sam laughed again, shaking his head.

"I'm gonna make a tiktok, want to be in it?"

Sam furrowed his eyebrow, "what's tiktok"

Julia sighed, "Just look"

She opened the app and scrolled through some of the videos to show Sam what she was talking about.

"Wait, I have an idea for one" Julia said, having come up with an idea, though she was a little nervous to do it.

She got up the audio and balanced her phone in front of where they were standing. She played the music and showed Sam the dance, which was fairly basic.

"Wait, so it's just that?"

Julia nodded, going to set the timer and running back to join him.

The music started to play, and Sam butchered the dance overall, so badly that Julia restarted the music and took hold of his arms leading him to do the dance.

Without realising that Julia's phone was still recording although the music cut out, Julia did something that even she didn't think she would do.

She stood on her tiptoes and kissed him.

Sam was shocked at first, pulling away from her, his eyes wide, but he was quick to get over it and kissed Julia.

"I thought that was going to be the biggest mistake of my life there" Julia laughed softly.

Sam grinned, "Want to come with me to the cinema at some point next week?"

"Definitely!"

//