[̲̅6]

"Hey guys. Whatcha up to?" Selena approached the lunch table in which Rue and Jules seemed to have a thrilling conversation, taking a comfortable seat beside pink blonde girl and stopping the discussion momentarily.

Jules pointed at Rue's face, with a challenging look painting her face. She seemed to think she was about to make a point that would make her take the lead in the discussion as she looked at Selena, trusting she would easily justify her argument as to her it was clear.

"Okay, look. Sel, this is a big dick right?" She asked, too wrapped in the topic to even bother to think about the question she was doing.

Selena looked at the phone being shoved in her face but looked away in a matter of seconds. Dazed, she refocused her gaze on Jules, not knowing if she was actually supposed to see it.

Both of them looked at her expectantly, ignoring her evident disorientation, and she realized there really was no other choice but to observe the screen. "I mean... Yes, right?" All she could do was stare back at both of them afterwards, trying to find the right answer in their eyes.

"No, she doesn't count, you just like to back up people Selly. No offense! It's nice" Rue cut off after hearing Selena's verdict, taking the phone back. "So, there's no way to compare scale..."

"Okay! I'm gonna leave you two alone now" The latina excused herself from the table still not understanding what was happening, but not being very interested in the probably odd context.

"Okay, see ya'!" Jules was the one to say goodbye as she waved at her with a sweet smile, but quickly shifted her focus back to Rue's words and trying to find a way to defend the picture from her.

Before walking away, Selena grabbed the brunette by the shoulders getting her attention as she leaned closer and whispered to her, trying not to interrupt the whole conversation again. "Do you think we can meet, later?" She asked as Rue turned around, finding Selena smiling innocently at her.

Of course, her best attempt to get her to actually want to meet with her included avoiding mentioning what the conversation might be about. Rue only nodded and smiled back.

Selena walked back to her table with a satisfied grin, at the potential prospect of getting to have a propper conversation with her, and at the thought of Jules and Rue's blossoming friendship. She seemed happy.

✫ ✬ ✫ ✬ ✫

"You going somewhere?" Joaquin's words stopped Selena's hand from twisting the knob on her way out with the same precision a freezing spell would have.

Still facing the door, not taking any chances, she rolled her eyes. "Oh just Rue, she's already waiting so I should go" She lied. Rue definitely wasn't there yet, Selena liked to be at places at least a few minutes early, and she couldn't play with the likely possibility of Rue getting to their spot and leaving the minute she didn't see her there.

She got out of the house as soon as her answer was ejected, but both her feet couldn't escape as she heard him calling her again. "Selena, wait"

"Yes?" She asked now looking at him defeated, and only hoping it wouldn't take long.

He took a seat on the table, that they never used since they had a counter. Already a sign that something was off. "I want to talk to you, kid! It's been ages since we had a real conversation" He explained, on a very much friendly tone.

"We have like three conversations a day, what are you talking about?"

"Come on, Sel. Sit" The intention of his words shifted to a much serious, steady one, as he tapped the wooden table. With only three seats left, and understating there was no escape anymore, Selena sat in front of him with a huff, only thinking about the time and how much of it it would take.