Chapter 7. Fighting and a Surprise.

Just one more chapter left! Then maybe the next book!

Word count: 1,117

We all huddled around a corner which opened to I have no clue, but I'm guessing the way out. Thomas put a finger to his lips.
"Is there a Greiver?" Chuck asked from in front of me.
"Yeah" he said quietly.
"Here Chuck take this stay behind us." Minho said him taking a machine that had a number 7 on it. Chuck looked worried.
"Don't worry Chuck I'll be right behind you." I said putting a hand on his shoulder and he smiled at me.
"We stay close we stick together. We get out now. Or we die trying." He said and took a glance at me.
"Let's go!" He yelled and we all ran towards the Griver that was guarding the supposed door to the way out. We pushed the Griver off and I saw Chuck loose the key and it was rolling off the edge. I ran over to him as he was about to fall off.
"Pull me up pull me up!" He yelled I grabbed him and through him back up. He stumbled to his feet and we ran to the doors. We both stumbled to the door and the machine Chuck had in his sweaty hands turned green the doors of the wall in front of us opened in a spiral. Me and Chuck looked at each other and we both had the same expression on our faces. Pure shock. We went through the door and it was a very dark circular hallway and then we finally came upon a wall. A red work pad came up onto the wall and I needed to punch in eight numbers eight numbers. Eight numbers.
"Thomas there's a code! Eight numbers!" I yelled to him he looked at me and then Minho.
"Minho what's the sequence!?" He yelled and Minho started to say the numbers.
"7152 -" he was cut off so was I because he just stopped. I turned around too see a Griver on top of him. He tried to shove the thing with his wooden spear, but that broke. He was gone. He would sure to be dead, but Jeff runs up to it and sarfaficed himself to save Minho. I screamed at the pain of him being gone, but he died fighting.
"The rest Minho! The rest!" I yelled to him through tears.
"6473!" He yelled the rest and I punched in the rest and it went green. They all crambed in the small tunnel and the doors started to close squishing a Griver. Thomas came up to me as we were in the dark and held my hand. We went to the end of the tunnel and it opened to a hallway. Me and Thomas were last to get out and we looked at each other. I smiled at him. He gave me a soft smile back as the rest of them were waiting on us. We were in a hallway I recognized. We went down one way as the light started to come on. We finally made it to a door with an exit sign on it.
"Seriously." Frypan said and I giggled a bit and Thomas opened the door. There was a man bleeding from the head and he laid on the ground. Blood on the wall. I gasped and tightened the grip I had on Thomas's hand. He pulled me into his chest as he walked. My head into his chest inhaling his sent made me calmer. I was on the verge of tears once again. I didn't want to see anymore. I looked from Thomas's chest and I saw glass all over to floor there were more body's, but I couldn't see the blood from the darkness in the room. Thomas let go of my hand for a second to take off his vest that was symbolism of him being a runner and he still was. He was my runner.
Once he took it off and dropped it his eyes focused on a screen.
"There were watching us." I heard Newt say and I looked over he was looking at four security cameras. My eyes followed Thomas's followed and this is were we worked for WICKED. I looked at him and he pulled me to his side so I wouldn't break down into tears. He pressed a button softly on the pad and a video recording pulled up on a screen.
"Hello My name is Doctor Ava Paige I'm Director of Operations of the World In Catastrophe Killzone Expirment Department. If you're watching this, that means yoưve successfully completed the Maze Trials I wish I could be there in person to congratulate you, but circumstances seem to have prevented it. I'm sure by now, you must all be very confused, angry, frightened I can only assure you that everything that's happened to you, everything we've done to you, it was all done for a reason. You won't remember, but the sun has scorched our world. Billions of lives lost to fire, famine, suffering on a global scale. The fallout was unimaginable. What came after was worse. We called it the Flare, a deadly virus that attacks the brain. It is violent, unpredictable. incurable or so we thought. In time, a new generation emerged that could survive the virus. Suddenly, there was a reason to hope for cure, but finding it would not be easy. The young would have to be tested, even sacrificed, inside harsh environments, where their brain activity could be studied, all in an effort to understand what makes them different - what makes you different. You may not realize it, but you're very important. Unfortunately, your trials have only just begun. As you'll no doubt soon discover, not everyone agrees with our methods. Progress is slow, people are scared. It may be too late for us for me, but not for you The outside world awaits. Remember Wicked is good."
She pointed the gun to her head and I buried my head in Thomas chest and I heard the gun go off. I looked up and the video had ended. I looked up where Thomas was looking and saw her dead body on the floor. We walked past her body and we stood there at a door that had opened.
"What do we do now?" I asked Thomas. He looked at me and then the door.
"I... Don't know. We get out of here." He said and we started walking towards the door, but then we heard a voice.
"No" the voice said and I knew it from somewhere. We all turned around and saw Gally with a gun in his hand.