Never Bring Holy Water to a Lunch Date

It was a little over a week after the attack that Lucifer and Chloe met with the priest.  She had invited Father Kinley to a small café in downtown Los Angeles to discuss the matter of the mysterious monk. Since she and Lucifer had failed to come up with any leads on their own, she was hoping that the father could help them.

"Father Kinley!" Chloe said as she waved him over to their table. She stood up and gave him a warm hug, not noticing when he quickly inhaled her scent before ending the embrace.

"It is good to see you again, Miss Decker," Kinley said warmly. He saw her partner approaching, and it took every ounce of his will not to snarl in disgust.

"You must be Chloe's partner, Mr. Morningstar," Kinley offered a hand, curious as to how the fiend would react.

Lucifer looked at the outstretched hand with derision. "You'll forgive me if I don't shake your hand, Padre, your kind tend to rub me, and not in the fun way".

"My kind?".

"Priests, Padre, "Lucifer sneered, "those so-called men of Dad haunting the dreams of choir boys everywhere".

"Lucifer!" Chloe scolded, "I'm sorry, Father, Lucifer here came from an extremely religious family. He tends to get a little touchy about the subject".

"Think nothing of it Chloe," Kinley smiled, "after all, evil tends to hide among those that would seek to banish it".

Lucifer huffed, but the waiter came by before he could form a wittier retort. Once they got their food and drink, Chloe explained the reason for the meeting.

"A week ago, while we we're taking my daughter out for Halloween, a man came at us with a knife".

"Were you harmed, Miss Decker?" Kinley asked anxiously.

"No," Lucifer drawled, "but in my task of ensuring Chloe's safety, this malcontent was able to get away from me".

"The assailant was wearing monk robes, "Chloe added, "I remembered that you told me you were staying at a monastery here, and I thought you might recognize the design. The robe was mahogany with a forest green tie, and a small leaf on the shoulder".

"That certainly sounds like some of the robes worn by the order I'm staying at," the priest replied thoughtfully, "I'll check with the head abbot to see if any have been misplaced".

"I appreciate that," Chloe said warmly, "please contact me as soon as you have any information, Father".

"I certainly will, and please Chloe, call me William," he chuckled, "after all we're not at the Vatican anymore".

Chloe giggled, "alright, William it is".

They were interrupted by the sound of Lucifer's cell phone going off. "That's Amenadiel, if you'll excuse me Darling, be back in a tick".