In the Core

3rd Person POV:

The two were still in that weird void. They didn't know what to do in that place, so they started to check the other portals.
They didn't operate and only bounced them off. Nightmare was getting irritated at this.

Nightmare: What the hell is this place!?

Cross then grabbed his attention to some of the portals. They were all moving and carrying different stories.
Then, out of nowhere, Dimen's book came flying towards them. It looked curiously at them and settled down to deactivate. When it was deactivated, the book opened one portal and vanished. There came out a lady with white hair with purple highlights, she was wearing a violet hoodie and dark pants.
She greeted the two.

??: Hiya! Nice to meet you!

Nightmare: Uhhh... Hi???

Cross: Who are you?

??: Who me? Aww I thought you would recognize me by now. It's me, Core!

Nightmare: Core? Wait... isn't that-

Core: That's right! I'm the one who was talking in the book! For now I'm taking a break from talking through the book, just to make this story more interesting.

Cross: "This story"? What are you talking about?

Core: Oops! Did I break the fourth wall?? Anyways! You have to proceed with the story!

Nightmare: Uhh... Why exactly??

Core: Well this is in fact a story, whether you do it or not, a writer will always find a way to make you do it. Like what I'm doing right now! I'm the Creator of this story and I'm making you go on another adventure!

Cross: You're the creator? So you know almost anything that'll happen to us?

Core: Yes I do indeed!

Cross: Then what happens to me?

Core: That's for me to know and for you to find out. Look, I don't have much time to answer all of your questions, so I'll just get straight to the point on why I brought you here into the core of dimensions. Follow me.

She went a bit further into the core and the two followed her while having this questioned look. She stopped and turned her attention back at the two.
She held out her left hand behind her and opened two portals. The portals played their stories, at first Nightmare and Cross didn't get it. But then they realized, their Dream and Ink were in there. Nightmare tried to reach out, but the portal refused him. He asked why he couldn't pass through.

Core: Sorry about that, these portals are made for Creators only. No creation can go through one unless they're permitted to.

Nightmare: Then why aren't you letting me in?

Core: Well... That would be cheating, now would it?...

Core snapped her fingers and sucked the two into a portal back to their multiverse. She smirked and started to watch their multiverse from one of the portals.

Core: Now what to do next?...

~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆

Nightmare and Cross woke up on the floor, Dimen came and checked if they were okay. He then started to give them questions.

Dimen: What happened in there?

Nightmare: Ugh... I don't know, but we do know that Ink and Dream are alive.

Dimen: Wha- H-how?

Nightmare: We don't know, but we saw them! They're in another multiverse and they're alive!

Dimen: Another Multiverse?

Dimen picked up his book and called Core. But the book didn't respond. He called again, no response. He began shaking the book, no reply. Dimen was full of questions, so he decided to open the book himself. The book acted like a normal book and didn't do anything unusual. He looked at the two in disappointment.

Dimen: I'm sorry guys, but it looks like Core doesn't want to speak. I can still help with sending you to other multiverses though. We're just not sure which one it is.

Nightmare: As long as I get to see my brother again, it's fine by me.

Dimen: Okay, I'll see you two tomorrow. I need to figure out which multiverse we have to go through so we don't have to spend ages looking for them.

Nightmare: Thanks for helping us.

Dimen: No probs.

The two teleported back to their universe. Dimen went to his room and tried to have a conversation with Core, surprisingly, this time they didn't respond.

Dimen: Core... What happened to you? Why aren't you talking to me anymore?...

~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆

732 Word Count!

I'll see ya later! ;3