Chapter 42

Chapter 42
----
"Chloe!!" "What mom?" I yell putting the last of my things in my suitcase. "Your friends are here." We are all heading up to the mountains for about 4 days. A nice spring break getaway.
I walk downstairs and Josh is waiting for me. "Ready to go?" He asks. I nod and walk over to my mom. "Make sure to call me everyday." She says. "Mom I'm only gonna be gone for a couple of days." "I know. You have just never been gone this long." She says clearly lying. I kiss her cheek and grab Josh's hand.
"Are we taking my car?" I ask. He nods. "If that's ok with you. My car can't survive driving up the mountains." He says. I laugh and get in the drivers seat of my car.
"Aren't we picking up Maddie and Brandon?" I ask. Josh nods.
----At Maddie's house----
I honk my horn waiting for her or Brandon to come out and nothing. "Why don't you call her." Josh suggests. I take out my phone and dial her number, voicemail. "I'm gonna go up to her door." I say unbuckling my belt.
Josh gets out but leans against the car. I knock on the door but no one answers. I see something move through the window.
I walk over and see Maddie pretty much on Brandon's lap, kissing him. I smile and make sure she doesn't see me.
"Josh! Josh!" I whisper yell. He looks up at me and I motion for him to come up to the porch. He walks up and looks through. I see him smile and laugh.
"What do we do?" I ask laughing. "Well we can't knock on the window or they will feel embarrassed." Josh says.
"I have an idea." He says.////end of chapter 42