Twenty Four

"Papa, no. You dont fucking understand." Natalia hissed, staring at the growing pile of unnamed letters on her dining room table. "You cant let Spencer leave that office. I dont care what you have to tell him. Do not let him leave tonight. I'll bring everything Ive gotten from this asshat tomorrow morning, but when you get in, dont let him leave that building."

Rossi frowned, looking at Reid as they boarded the plane. "What do I tell him? And do I let Aaron know?"

Natalia's eyes narrowed and she sighed, picking up the stack of letters. "How would you feel if I took something you loved?" she read out, setting the first one back down. "Would you break down and fall apart like I did?" she set the second down. "Would you let him die, just like all those women did?" the third. "Is he just a doll to you too?" the fourth. "I bet he'd be pretty all strung up." she threw the latest one down, looking over the pictures of Reid and her on her table. "Dad, Ive gotten one every day for the past five. I've been keeping Reid unaware because he's with you guys. Im freaking out. I dont care what you tell who; do not let Spencer Reid leave the office."

Rossi drew a blank, the words in the letters starting to click with him. This was a revenge plot. Someone was taking things out on her. "No, this is a case now. You head in too; I'll call Garcia and let the TEAM know, and we'll figure this out Natalia; breathe, send me photos of the evidence, and get your ass to the office."

Natalia felt her lip quiver and she sighed, nodding. "Thanks papa. See you soon."

Rossi sighed as she hung up, and walked into the plane in the midday sun. "Change of plan guys; we cant go home went we get back."

Morgan rose a brow. "What?"

"Aaron, someone is using Spencer to target Natalia." he said, looking at the pictures she sent him, and then sending them to the group.

Spencer looked at his phone almost immediately, reading each of the letters quickly and feeling panic rise in his chest. "How long has she been getting these?!?"

"You werent aware?" JJ asked, surprised. 

"She didnt say anything because she understood you were still needed here, and this would distract you. She knows this guy is close by; close enough to take pictures of you two in her place. This is too planned, and calculated; she ran her risks and knew that this guy wouldnt strike until you were back. You're Natalia's weak spot, Spencer; people can see that now; and someone wants to use that." Rossi explained, sitting down. "I have her bringing it all in to the office now; if this is what it started like, he's going to escalate soon. We need to figure out who's coming for her; and for that.." he paused, pulling Garcia up on a video call. "Garcia, I need you to pull up the victims of the Marionette Rapist; everything you've got on them." 

Aaron nodded, looking at her as well. "Rossi is going to take the reigns on this one; he knows this case better than any of us, aside from Natalia herself. Look into spouses, family, and closest friends at the time."

"O-Okay, Im on it. Is this what those pictures were about? Someone is really trying to...to use Reid against Nat like that?" she thought aloud, pulling up records and documents as they spoke.

"It would seem so...look for anyone who was particularly effected by their loss; someone who spiraled right after. They may have lost their house, perhaps." Emily threw in. She could tell that the shock was still settling in Spencer; the sooner they got this done, the sooner he was safe again. 

"O-Okay, I have eighteen possible guys, any other hints?"

"Do any of them live in Virginia?" Morgan asked, looking over at Spencer. "Easy kid; focus. Everything will be alright."