Twenty Seven

Spencer looked around carefully, sneaking his way through the bunker until he found what he was looking for. Nunley was standing in a kitchen-like area. He took a breath. Natalia wouldnt want him to kill the guy and get himself in trouble. He had to push his own anger aside, for now. He focused, training his gun on Nunley and stepping out in the open. "FBI drop what you're doing and put your hands where I can see them!"

Nunley jumped and dropped what he'd been holding, turning to face Spencer. He growled, running at him and grappling his torso, making Reid's gun slide across the floor.

Spencer grunted, reaching around to grab Nunley's throat and clench his hand, rage bubbling and boiling in his chest. "Thank you for resisting." he seethed, his lessons from Natalia kicking in as he used Nunley's weight against him, throwing him to the floor. Rather than tackling him to cuff him right away, Spencer pretended to catch his breath, throwing in a pant of two to make it believable; and when Nunley got up to charge again, he was met by Spencer's fist lodging into his throat, knocking him onto his back in a coughing fit.

Spencer rolled him over and stepped on his spine, pulling his arms behind his back rather violently and handcuffing him. He got his hit in already, he had to behave-

"You're sick! You're all sick, letting a murderer like her walk around!!"

Spencer growled under his breath, his hands twitching at the idea of wringing this pathetic excuse of a man's neck. He said nothing, using the cuffs to hoist him to his knees, whispering in his ear. "Shut your mouth or I'll shut it for you."

"A wimp like you!?" Nunley laughed, headbutting Spencer hard enough that he lurched back, his nose beginning to bleed.

Spencer's eyes had to refocus, and he growled. "You arent very fucking smart, are you?" he hissed, kicking him forward again and yanking him up to stand. "That means you jumped her, didnt you? You couldnt have stood a chance against her otherwise." he taunted, grinning darkly. "She would have destroyed you, you know."

"She's a murderer! She deserved this! She deserves to die, she has you brainwashed!" Nunley cried, realizing he had been caught now. He had messed with the wrong woman.

"No, you just want someone to blame because years later, you still cant accept your daughters death!" Spencer growled, shoving him up against the wall as he struggled. "Pathetic, isnt it? Taking your pain out on someone else daughter?" 

"She isnt human-!"

"She is!!" Spencer shouted, digging his elbow into Nunley's spine. "She's more human than you could ever be!"

Morgan turned the corner in time to see Nunley start to open his mouth again, to try and further his own twisted idea of Natalia, only for Spencer to pull him by the hair and smash his face into the wall, effectively knocking him out. "...Feel better?"

Spencer glared at the guy, and took a few deep breaths as he sepped back, letting Nunley fall to the floor. "...Enough. Im going to get Natalia; if I come back within ten feet of him I might kill him." he grit his teeth, forcing himself to turn away and walk back to where Natalia was. "He's lucky I have self control."

Morgan watched him go, and sighed, looking at the heap on the floor. "Not so scary now, huh? Man you're not a very good criminal..." he shook his head, hoisting Nunley up off the floor. "You had to go a wake up a sleeping lion.."

Spencer rushed to her side, finding that Morgan had untied her and covered her with a sheet. He let out a shaking sigh, reaching out to touch her face. "Nat.." he felt tears welling in his eyes again, and he let himself kneel beside the table she was on, holding her hand tightly. In only about twelve hours, they'd luckily found her. He couldnt bear thinking about what might have happened if they hadnt found him so quickly. If Nunley wasnt such an idiot as to make her call him on a traceable phone. "Natalia..."

"..Spencer..?" 

His head snapped up at the sound of her voice, dry and cracking, and he stood up instantly, looking at her half-aware mismatched eyes. "Nat..! You're okay, medics will be here soon. Im so sorry, I-" he stopped short as she wrapped her weak arms around him, using his body to help herself sit up, holding him close as she started sobbing into his chest. He slowed down, crumbling into her as he held her back, careful not to grip her to tight and aggravate the cuts she had. "Im here.."

"I-I...I-Im sorry.." 

"Shh, dont be sorry Nat. This isnt your fault. You arent a killer, dont believe a word that bastard said to you, do you hear me?" he scolded, moving to hold her face in his hands. "You arent a murdered Natalia. This isnt on you."

Natalia whimpered, looking into his deep brown eyes. She searched them for any signs of lying, or any doubts he had. She found none...and her body gave up, just falling into his hold and letting it all out.

Spencer said nothing, just holding her close and letting his own tears fall, even as the rest of the team came in, and Morgan escorted Nunley out. He didnt go far even when the medics came a put her on a stretcher. He got into the ambulance with her, not even bothering to check in with Hotch or Rossi. He'd deal with the consequences later. 

"Spencer.." 

He looked at her, weak and tired, newly scarred. His eyes softened, and he reached over, holding her hand. He felt her squeeze back; and it pained him to know that the light pressure was probably the tightest she could hold him at that moment. "Im here. Rest, love. Everything is gonna be okay now.."

"I love you.."

Spencer smiled a tiny bit, leaning forward to kiss her knuckles. "I love you.." 

As she drifted off to sleep, the EMT smiled a bit at Spencer, chuckling. "...She should be okay, sir. Especially with a man like you looking after her." he hummed, putting away medical supplies after having cleaned and wrapped her cuts. 

Spencer chuckled lowly. "...Usually she's the one looking out for me."

"Ah, thats how it usually goes isnt it? As much as we try to look after our wives, they tend to take care of us more."

Spencer paused, blushing a bit. "She uhm...she isnt my wife."

The EMT turned to him, giving him a knowing look. "Yet."

Spencer's face got redder, and he coughed awkwardly. "...Yet.." he quietly agreed, gently rubbing her ring finger. Someday, though...someday, he wanted her to be. He wanted to marry her; to spend his life with her.. "I have to talk to her dad, first..."

//AN: Now that we're about done with the arch, I'd like to give miss Sofia a big shout out for helping me incorporate this idea into the story; the detail of the criminal being the father of a past victim from her biological father was he idea <3

Yall should follow her tbh; Im gonna-

https://www.wattpad.com/user/Sofia820