milkbread madness

"Hey, Kindaichi!" Oikawa caught sight of Kindaichi and remembered to ask him something during practice.

"Oikawa-san!" Kindaichi replied.

"Ah yes. Were you able to buy the milkbread? I've got the money to pay you back."

"They are sold out. I checked several convenience stores and none seemed to have any milkbread left, sorry." Kindaichi said.

"Sold out?" Oikawa thought, "It's that new advert on TV! Should've considered modelling... would've gotten me a buttload of money and I could've spent it all on a life-time supply of milkbread when I had the chance. Dang it."

"No worries!" Oikawa patted Kindaichi on the back, "I can do a day without milkbread, I was getting tired of the taste anyway."

"Really? Are you sure?" Kindaichi was concerned, "But you always have milkbread, you talk so passionately about it. I felt so bad when I couldn't find any."

"No, no, no. Everything's fine." Oikawa reassured, "I'll be fine."

"Oh— ok!" Kindaichi nodded his head and turned over to Kunimi.

——————————————————

"Everything's not fine." Oikawa muttered.

"It's about milkbread, isn't it?" Iwaizumi asked.

Practice had ended and Iwaizumi and Oikawa were walking to their homes. They did live fairly close.

"Yes!" Oikawa was surprised, "Can you believe it? My favourite thing in the entire world just taken away from me like that."

"Mm." Iwaizumi didn't care.

"Wait here, I'm going to check the shops. Is that okay?"

"Sure."

30 minutes later, Oikawa came back.

"So they are sold out... Huh..." Oikawa looked defeated, he walked over to Iwaizumi sheepishly, holding a plastic bag with his left hand.

"Did you find it?" Iwaizumi asked.

"No, but I did find white bread. It's the closest thing I could find, so I bought it."

"It took you 30 minutes, to buy bread?" Iwaizumi looked ticked off.

"I was held back by some fangirls. I didn't want to be rude!" Oikawa explained, "Anyway, this is it. This is the end. All my secret stashes of milkbread I ate while crying myself to sleep the other day, gone. No more milkbread. No more. Now I might cry again, but this time, without milkbread as support."

"Shut up," Iwaizumi snapped, "You have me to support you, not milkbread, okay...? Besides you can just make milkbread instead of crying about it."

Oikawa's face lit up, "Iwa-chan! That's a great idea!!"

"I mean, it's just common sense—"

"We shall attempt to make milkbread!" Oikawa cut off Iwaizumi's sentence.

"We?"

"Well, I hardly bake so I don't have the ingredients and I've already spent all my change on useless bread, so you're my only hope!!"

"Fine." Iwaizumi shrugged.

————————————————

"Iwa-chan," Oikawa awed, "Your house is so nice and clean~~" Oikawa looked around the house, admiring it.

"You were literally at my house a few days ago." Iwaizumi took off his jacket and hung it on the coats hanger, "But thanks I guess."

Oikawa greeted Iwaizumi's mum in the living room and later entered the kitchen, while Iwaizumi was talking to his dad in the hallway.