movie night

Iwaizumi stepped off the bus, Oikawa behind him. Hastily, they ran to the mall. It had been raining heavily for the past hour. Oikawa held the umbrella over him and Iwaizumi, restraining it from flying away into the sky due to the powerful wind gushing towards them.

At last, they reached the mall. It was a beautiful sight, aesthetically pleasing. Oikawa smiled in awe, lowering the umbrella.

"We have to take a picture," Oikawa reached for his phone in his pocket. Before he could retrieve the device, Iwaizumi lightly slapped Oikawa's hand.

"No, not now. Let's go inside first." Iwaizumi said.

"Alright." Oikawa shook the umbrella vigorously before the two entered the mall. Once they did, they looked at the shops.

"Wait. Makki and Mattsun aren't coming until 8 pm so why did we decide to come one hour earlier?" Oikawa asked Iwaizumi, confused.

"Just to look around, see what to buy." Iwaizumi answered, still examining the shops.

"I'm broke though..." Oikawa whined.

"You know we're never actually going to buy anything here, but I find it interesting anyway."

The two walked around the mall until Oikawa noticed a piano.

"Oooooo," Oikawa sprinted towards it.

"Iwa-chan, remember when I played the piano?" He looked over at Iwaizumi.

"You never played the piano—"

"Shh, don't ruin my moment," Oikawa saw a few girls crowding around him, "Just say yes."

"What—"

"HAHAHA, Iwa-chan you're so funny," Oikawa gave a very fake smile and laugh, "I did but I quit because of volleyball, remember?"

"I—"

"Ok!" Oikawa sat down on the seat and put his fingers on the piano.

"I actually can't play the piano though." He said to himself.

"Sir," One of the girls spoke shyly, "are you gonna play for us?"

"UMM...." Oikawa looked nervous.

Another girl spoke up, "I have a suggestion... Can you play, 'Burn' from Hamilton?"

Oikawa didn't know the song, "I'm afraid I can't..."

"Why?" The girls looked downhearted.

"Yeah, why Oikawa?" Iwaizumi chimed in, "You're like... a grade 8 pianist, you've won multiple awards... And you're totally Hamilton trash, right?"

"Iwa-chan..." Oikawa said under his breath, slightly irritated.

"You sing Burn all the time. It's your favourite song, you've definitely played it on the piano before... Go on, play it."

"Is that true?" A girl gasped, "So cool!"

"Haha... yeah..." Oikawa laughed nervously.

"Please play for us!" Another girl walked over to the crowd.

"Oh... ok." Oikawa started to sweat, he was anxious. Why did he say he could play the piano in the first place? And thanks to Iwaizumi, who made the situation even worse, there was no way out of it.

Oikawa wiggled his fingers and placed them on the piano. He took a deep breath and started, 'playing'.

The piano was at its loudest volume setting, Oikawa played a bunch of random notes, one after another.