08

Kayla closed her eyes taking a deep breath

Kayla closed her eyes taking a deep breath. Her blue eyes stared straight ahead ready for the last minute count down. It was their last game before Thanksgiving break. She had to make sure they won their last game before break. Her eyes analyzed her surroundings checking their plan. They knew what they had to do; they liked changing their game plan at the end. She placed her mouth gear on as soon as she heard the whistle. John in front of her had the football. "Said hut!" She yelled and she caught the ball. Jogging back she looked at everyone running and saw Elliot closer to the other side. She pulled her hand back throwing the ball at the moment the ball flew she got tackled to the floor.

The air was knocked out of her and she landed on her back with a grunt. She could feel the bruises on her stomach forming from the powerful tackle. Everything was going in slow motion for her and she felt like she couldn't hear anything around her. Getting up from the floor she only got up halfway and sat on her butt staring straight ahead. Elliot ran as fast as he could dodging every person that tried to tackle him and made it to the end slamming the football on the ground. The bell went off and they had won tonight. The score was from 15 - 10. The game was held at the school. She got up from the floor with a small grunt placing a hand on her stomach.

She took her helmet off. The team ran towards her screaming in victory. They all tackled her into a group hug. One of the bigger guys from their team picked up Kayla placing her on his shoulders. The coach was handed the trophy and rushed towards his team. He handed the trophy to Kayla who grabbed it and raised up with a huge smile on her face. "Wildcats! Wildcats!"

After the game everyone was rushing towards the locker room. The short blonde stayed behind and talked to her coach. "You never seem to fail me Morgan." She chuckled. The coach pulled the short girl in for a hug. "Thank you Coach. If you hadn't given me a chance a year ago then I wouldn't be doing this now." He pulled away looking down at the girl with a smile on his face. "Now go! You smell." He scrunched his nose causing the girl to laugh. She jogged towards the bench and grabbed her water bottle as well as her helmet. A few tears rolled down her cheeks but she kept a smile on her face and her blue eyes looked up at the sky.

'Oh mom how much I miss you.' She continued her jog. Walking inside the locker room she heard everyone cheer for her and yell. A few of the guys pat her on the back with a smile on their face. She nods giving them all a smile. She let her blonde hair stay in her two douch braids. She pulled her shirt off putting on her red jersey that she wears as an outfit and not for football. Taking off her pants she pull on her balck rip jeans. Placing her things in her bag Elliot walked towards her. "We have rehearsal's right?" He asked her to lean against the locker next to her. "Yeah. Rony sent a message in the groupchat earlier."

Her  blue eyes never looked at him once. She was more focused on getting all of her things ready. She took out her shoes and shoved her feet in. She tied the shoelaces of her black high top converse. She finally looked up realizing he was still standing there. "Did you need anything else?" His blue eyes watch her tie her shoes. "Oh nothing." He gave her a smile and walked away. She looked at him confused and continued to do what she was doing. She grabbed her things and walked towards the front of the coach's office. "Alright listen up Wildcats!" She clapped her hands getting everyone's attention.