𝟎𝟎𝟓. 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬

𝟎𝟎𝟓.                     𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬

sunkissed           ────           khai dreams

ᯓ★ 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐥𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

𝖨'𝖵𝖤 𝖶𝖠𝖭𝖳𝖤𝖣 𝖠𝖭𝖲𝖶𝖤𝖱𝖲 𝖮𝖭 𝖬𝖸 𝖣𝖠𝖣'𝖲 𝖣𝖨𝖲𝖠𝖯𝖯𝖤𝖠𝖱𝖠𝖭𝖢𝖤 𝖲𝖨𝖭𝖢𝖤 𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖣𝖠𝖸 𝖧𝖤 𝖵𝖠𝖭𝖨𝖲𝖧𝖤𝖣. Nine months ago, I lost my father, and John B and I have been trying to find him── hopeful that he'll just walk through the door one day, but he never did. He isn't here, and the only answer we've received in nine months is this compass.

That's right, a freaking compass is supposed to lead us to our father.

This compass has been passed down for generations, so it has to be some kind of sign that it's ended up in our hands, right? Dad is alive, and he's out there somewhere, wanting to come home to us. Dad is the last person to get lost out at sea── I know him. He's not dead.

With the recent discovery of Dad's compass, I hardly slept, and I actually crashed outside. My legs are swung over the armrest of the chair, and my face is pressed against a pillow. I'm not in the most comfortable position, but I managed to catch an hour or so of sleep.

I sense a presence hovering over me, and I blink my eyes open to see him── the boy that often occupies my mind whenever I'm asleep. However, last night, my mind did not take me to him. No, my mind brought me to the last conversation I had with Dad. We fought and fought and fought, and just when it was about to erupt, I woke up thanks to him.

A smile touches my lips as I stare up at him, very happy to be waking up to a gentle face. "Morning, Sunshine."

"Morning," I force out, clearing my throat.

"You sleep out here?"

I nod, yawning because, of course, I'm still very much tired. The lack of sleep will eventually catch up with me, but until then, I'll just power through my days. "Yes, I did," I confirm, wiping my hand across my sleepy eyes.

"You didn't sleep, did you?"

I glare at him, hating that he knows me. "What are you doing here?"