Chapter 11: The Foster Home

fast forward to Zayn's foster home

<<[Zayn's POV]>>

"Here we are" Niall's dad said once we reached quite a large house with nice flowers surrounding the gravel road. I took a deep breath and stepped outside of the car, Niall coming out shortly after. "I'm gonna pick you up in a half an hour Nialler" his dad told him. Niall nodded and his dad drove away. I carried my bag up to the front porch and knocked on the door with shaking hands. Niall sensed my anxiety.

"It's gonna be fine Zayn" he said reassuringly. What if it's not gonna be ok? What if they doesn't like hybrids? What if they abuse me like my last family did? What if... I was distracted when the door opened to reveal a tall, slender man with brown hair and hazel eyes. He gave Niall and I warm smiles and said "hello, come inside". Niall helped me carry my bag inside and we sat down on his couch.

"Wow... This is amazing" I said, looking around at the large space inside the house. There was a long staircase, and it looked like the halls would go forever. There was even a chandelier. "It's nice isn't it" the man said. "Which one of you is Zayn?" He asked. My ears pricked up.

The man didn't even flinch. "Emm... That would be me sir" I told him. He smiled at me. "I'm Matthew, but you can call me Matt" (A/N: Zayn's foster parent is Matthew Gray Gubler. If you don't know who that is, shame on you. He is Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds)

Matt said, putting out his hand. I shook it. "And you are...?" Matt asked Niall. "I'm Niall... I'll only be here a half hour" he explained. "Oh, that's ok. Are either of you two hungry?" He asked. "Yeah a little" I said, darting my head to where Niall was sitting beside me. "That'd be great, thank you" he told him. Matt got up and started making something. "Do you like him so far?" Niall whispered.

"Yeah, I guess" I sighed. "Don't worry Zayn, I'll visit you whenever I can" he told me. "Okay" I sighed. Matt walked back into the living room with two plates with tuna sandwiches on them. "I hope you guys like tuna" he said. I nodded my head so quickly that Niall giggled. I took a bite of mine and so did Niall. "Thank you Matt" I said. Niall smiled and looked at me. I looked at him and his smile faded and he stared into my eyes. "What?" I asked.

"Zayn... Your eyes..." He started to whisper. My cheeks turned red. "Wh- what do you mean?" I asked. "They're like... Slits... Like cats" he tried to explain. My body stiffened and I dropped my sandwich onto my plate. "Is that natural?" Matt asked, looking at Niall. What's that supposed to mean? I shot up off of the couch making my sandwich fall on the floor.

I darted into one of the hallways and turned a corner into the bathroom. I locked the door and looked in the mirror. Tears were running down my cheeks. Niall was right, my eyes looked like cat's eyes. My pupils where slits. I closed my eyes and hoped this was all a dream. I sat in the corner of the bathroom and cried.

Someone knocked on the door. I ignored them. They knocked harder. "What!?" I asked. "Zayn... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say what I did. That's not what I meant" Matt told me. I didn't say anything. Matt sighed. "Zayn... You okay?" I heard another voice. It was Niall. I got up shakily and unlocked the door. Niall hugged me. "It okay Zayn" he whispered.

My hands shook as I took Niall's arms and took them off of me. "I'm such a freak" I said. "Zayn no, you aren't a freak" he said. "Then why do I look like one?" I asked. "Zayn you don't-" he started. "That was a rhetorical question" I said, and walked past a sad looking Matt. I walked outside and sat on his porch. It was freezing outside but I didn't care.

I heard the front door open and close but I didn't look up. I felt a coat get wrapped around me and then someone sat next to me. I looked and it was Niall. I could see his breath in the air. When he looked at me I avoided eye contact. "What's wrong with me?" I asked.

"Nothing, I'm sure that's normal. It doesn't matter to me, if anything, it makes you look cuter" he said, starting to blush. He looks adorable when he blushes. I smiled at him and blushed. Before I knew what else to say, he leaned in and gave me a kiss on the lips. I wrapped my arms around him. We were interrupted by the honk of a horn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AISJSJAKSMR THEY KISSED OMG

AREN'T YOU HAPPY????

Except the fact they got interrupted

Darn...

BUT MATTHEW IS THE GUEST STAR YAAAAYYYYYY

I LOVE MATTHEW SO MUCH!

Anyways...

Follow!

Vote!

Comment!

Or you could message me anytime you'd like, I will answer you as soon as I can.

Plus if you just wanna talk that would be fine.

And almost to 1k views!? That's crazy! I love you all

Bye boo bears!