𝟎𝟎𝟔. 𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝

𝟎𝟎𝟔.                𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝

the lighthouse           ────           stevie nicks

ᯓ★ 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐥𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

𝖱𝖤𝖣𝖥𝖨𝖤𝖫𝖣 𝖫𝖨𝖦𝖧𝖳𝖧𝖮𝖴𝖲𝖤.

I love the lighthouse. Sure, over the years, it's decayed and become a piece of shit, but it's still one of my favourite places on the island.

Every year, on mine and John B's birthday, we come to the lighthouse. Dad was always with us, and the three of us would sit and watch the stars. We'd usually stay there until the sun came up, and I'd get to watch the beautiful sun shine in the morning. We were the only ones that were ever up there a lot, mainly because nobody ever really visited the lighthouse as it got older because it was slowly dying. It wasn't exactly safe.

I recall a memory from when I was fourteen. JJ and I had ditched school, and we had come to the lighthouse. We just sat up there, talking and watching the sky change from light to dark.

I look to JJ now, smiling at that small reminder that, once upon a time, all was good and normal. JJ turns, eyes finding mine, and he smiles back. That calms me── puts my thoughts at ease.

John B is driving us to the lighthouse, talking a mile-a-minute about what this compass and message could mean. I'm only half listening, my eyes entirely fixated on the boy that sits alongside me, his presence comforting.

"I mean, it's obvious, right? A family heirloom." It feels so surreal to have a family heirloom, and it's even stranger that the family heirloom is a compass. "What better place to hide a message? He had to know that it was gonna get back to me and Brooklyn, right?"

"Yeah. It's possible."

"It could also be possible that you are concocting wild theories to help..." I peer over at Pope, eyebrow raised. I love him, I do, but there are times where he should just not say anything. "you know, deal with your sad feels."

Pope peers over at me, sees that I'm glaring back at him, and clamps his mouth shut, bowing his head.

"Bro, you know how I process my sad feels," JJ speaks, and I already know what he's going to say, "Dank nugs and the stickiest of ickies, that's how I do it."