Chapter 11: Time To Be Busted

"Now now..." Shinigami told us, "you should be able to find the culprit now, what are you guys doing?"

"Wait, (Y/N)-chan and Kanzaki-san!" Karma yelled with a sadist smile, "you both were lying, aren't you?"

"What?" I asked him with a poker face.

"You both..." Kayano-chan gasped, "but why would they lie?"

"Because they are the culprit?" Nakamura-san asked.

"No..." Fuwa-san corrected her, "that can't be the reason. Because both of their claims only protect Sugino-kun, not themselves."

"Actually, that is true..." Kimura-kun told us, "but there would be no reason for them to be lying with their claim like that!"

"Well, then..." Nagisa-kun sighed, "but we need to find the culprit soon."

"Why?" Kayano-chan asked.

"They're is a hourglass, everyone." Mimura-kun told us as we saw a gigantic hourglass on the table.

"Crap, this isn't good!" Maehara-kun yelled.

"No, we have 10 minutes left until the trial is automatically over and we have to vote!" Katakoa-san paniced.

"That's not good..." Chiba-kun told us, "but if we were even to choose, we have a 1/27 chance of getting right..."

"Immense luck requires for us to even make all of us live." Hayami-san told us, "our only choice is for us to continue talking."

"Well then, since we could get rid of suspects, then..." Isogai-kun hopely smiled and told us.

"... they're more than 10 people to get rid of the suspect list." Sugino-kun sighed.

"We can't falter at this time." Kanzaki-san told us, "but, we can do something..."

"Well, I say that the culprit was someone who participated the party..." Itona-kun told us, "but I have this."

He slammed down a ticket of a symbol.

"Makoto." he told us, "the truth."

"What is the meaning of this?" Sugaya-kun asked.

"Truth..." Karma got paler.

"Truth?" Okuda-san repeated what Karma said.

"The Room of Truth is activated." Koro Sensei told us, "Itona, choose 5 people in this room you want to gather."

He pointed at Nagisa-kun, Sugaya-kun, Nakamura-san, Kayano-chan, and me.

"Now everyone," Koro Sensei told us, "the Room of Truth is to find identity of people in the room. If you here a gavel sound, it means that someone there is guilt. An insane laugh, it is the mastermind. A scream, someone is dead. Now, the chosen people, please stand up."

We six all stood up. As I stood up, I wondered, why did Koro Sensei told us about dead people? I mean, we couldn't bring corpses to the trial, of course. And I saw everyone was quite alive.

We followed Shinigami, who lead us.

The room was all white, as we sat on the chairs.

A sound of the gavel banging. An insane laugh. And two screams.

We paused. The blackened, the mastermind, and two dead people were here together.

"W-what?!" Nakamura-san yelled nervously laughed as she was paniced, "are one of you the mastermind and the killer?!"

"Stop saying that, aren't you the killer?!" Sugaya-kun yelled as he pointed his finger towards her, "after all, you hated Okajima-kun!"

"Hey, that doesn't exactly prove that I killed! You need evidence!" Nakamura-san yelled as they got in a big fight.

===

We went back.

"So what happened?" Karma asked.

Everyone noticed that our faces were darkened.

"Please don't say..." Yada-san nervously laughed.

"Are one of you the culprits?!" Kurahashi-san nervously yelled.

"Yes." Sugaya-kun answered as his face was drooped, "but that's not it."

"They're is a mastermind in us." Kayano-chan told us.

Everyone gasped. But none of us told that there were two ghosts within us.

"S-so..." Okano-san nervously laughed, "one of you is the mastermind?"

"But couldn't it be possible that the mastermind might be the culprit?" Mimura-kun asked.

"Possible." Fuwa-san told us, "but since we have alibis from Itona-kun and (Y/N)-chan, they're out of this suspect list..."

"Then four people are left." Hazama-san told us, "this will be interesting..."

"Well, since the crime occurred at midnight..." Karma told us, "we can't be all sure of everyone's alibi."

"Well, we know that Sugaya-kun and Nagisa-kun didn't sing..." Kanzaki-san told us, "than we have Kayanoc-ahn and Nakamura-san left as the culprits."

"I told you!" Sugaya-kun yelled, "you even have a motive that seems possible for killing! You even have killed him with that damn knife, right?"

"Actually, don't say something unwise like that." Karma told us, "then can you explain this?"

A handkerchief. And it had glitter on.

"Wait, this glitter..." Nakamura-san paused as she turned to Sugaya-kun, "Sugaya-kun, did you kill Okajima-kun?!"

I paused. Could it be possible... that Sugaya-kun had once touched the microphone?

"Isn't that Nakamura-san's handkerchief?" Sugaya-kun laughed, "Karma-kun, I'm afraid you had brought out the wrong handkerchief! I'm afraid, but you can't prove me guilty with something like that! No, in the first place, I'm not even the culprit! I didn't even go to the Classroom in the first place to kill Okajima-kun!"

Then Sugaya-kun paused.

"Wait a minute..." I told Sugaya-kun, "how do you know Okajima-kun was killed in the Classroom, not in his Dorm Room?"

"W-wait, I meant his dorm room!" he nervously laughed, "my my, I'm saying the wrong words these days. After all, none of us could even go to the Classroom during night, right--"

"You can," Fuwa-san told us, "and do you remember who the person who said they'll take the mics away?"

"Wait a minute... that was..." Isogai-kun paused.

"...It was him." Fuwa-san told us.

"And you could've possibly knocked out Isogai-kun in the bathroom, right?" Katakoa-san asked.

"Fine!" Sugaya-kun threw a tantrum, "I'm the culprit!"