thinking out loud

Still on a high from listening to her sing, I scroll down just a bit to Sophie's description box to look for her social media -- most YouTubers have it listed there.

Sophie doesn't.

I grab my phone from where it's fallen off my chest and into the ocean of duvet piled up around me. I open Twitter and type in her YouTube username, hoping for the best.

"xsophiejanex" comes back with No Results Found.

I decide to click on her profile to watch some more of her covers. It's possible she has her full name on her account, or maybe she just forgot to link her social media in this one video.

I'm determined to find her, and that furthers the feelings that I'm being a stalker over this girl. But she's my winner for this month. She doesn't even know it, but I still am true to my contest and must give her my follow as a prize.

Her YouTube account has well over 50 videos of her covers. I wonder how anyone could have that much time to produce content. I know people who work full time for YouTube have a lot more free time on their hands, but from the looks of Sophie, she's pretty young. 18 to 20, maybe? It's possible she's still in high school, or college.

I scroll through all of her videos and read every song title; she's posted covers of songs by bands like Blink-182, Mayday Parade, and Ed Sheeran. As well as some songs from the Top 40 Hit's List. She's got a wide taste, no wonder she isn't one to get super hooked on bands -- she'd have no free time.

I scroll back up to see her most recent video: Stay With Me by Sam Smith.

Stay With Me has been a favorite song of mine recently, I love the meaning of the song and how it sounds like Sam really poured his heart out into it, as he does most of his songs. Even though the song was released a few years ago, I've been really in tune with my throwback hits playlist lately.

One night, I had Stay With Me stuck in my head right as I was getting ready to go on stage. I was terrified I was going to end up singing the wrong lyrics.

"Hi guys, its Sophie here. Today's cover is going to be a song that is from a few years ago, but a timeless hit. I'm super excited to be doing this cover because I really love Sam Smith. His songs are just so heartfelt, there's no way not to love him.

"This song is Stay With Me and if you want to buy it on iTunes, I'll have the link in the description. This cover is going to be done a little bit differently because I'm going to have the instrumental version of the song playing while I play my guitar. It's something different, I know, but I thought I'd try it out. Leave your feedback in the comments below so I can see whether I should do this more often or not. Thanks so much for watching! This is Stay With Me!"

I hear a click from where she turns on the music and she sways for a moment with the music before she begins strumming her guitar.

Guess it's true, I'm not good at a one-night stand

But I still need love 'cause I'm just a man

These nights never seem to go to plan

I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand?

Oh, won't you stay with me?

'Cause you're all I need

This ain't love, it's clear to see

But, darling, stay with me

Why am I so emotional?

No, it's not a good look, gain some self-control