29

I thought I was running late for my date with Peter, but when I got to our meeting point, he sent me a text saying he was going to be late. I waited on the curve in front of a coffee shop for a while, watching as the clouds above me slowly moved beyond. The sun was going down by the time Peter showed up.

"Sorry, my aunt and I kind of got into a fight," he said.

This shocked me; I couldn't imagine what an angry Ms. May would even look like. She always seemed so sweet and caring and worried, I couldn't picture her any other way. I stood up. He was standing on the road and I was standing on the curve, the curve giving me the extra inches I needed in order to see him in the eye, like before when I wore my high heels. I appreciated that I could witness it again, the color brown-like-coffee in his eyes. "What happened?"

"I got my Stark internship back and originally I was going to keep it from her, but she, uh, found out. She was not happy."

"Oh." I looked down. "Well then, maybe we should do this some other time?" I looked up to see if he would prefer to go home. His smile dimmed. For a moment I thought maybe he did want to go home, when I offered only to seem polite. But the more I learned about him, the more I realized that Peter didn't always say the things he wanted. Which meant I had to share more of what I was feeling since he didn't share enough, for whatever reason. "I want to hang out with you today, but if your aunt is still mad with you and you think you need to see her, I completely understand."

"Oh, not it's okay. I mean, she's not happy with me right now, but I don't think my being there will make any difference. Plus, I could really use some cheering up."

I smiled. "Okay. I can cheer you up! I found the perfect movie. Something funny, but with action."

"Do you think I like action?" he asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I meant the perfect movie for me. I have no idea what your taste in movies is. What is it?"

He chuckled. "I like action movies, old movies. I like comedy too, but only certain types. Animation is cool too." I grabbed my phone from my purse. "What are you doing?" he asked.

I tapped on the yellow notepad icon, before pressing on the plus sign. "I'm taking notes."

"What?" he chuckled again. I typed the type of movies he liked before showing him my phone. "You actually wrote it down."

"For next time." I shut my phone off before putting it back in my purse. "Of course, after a while, I plan to remember everything."

"Everything?"

I nodded my head. "I want to know everything about you, Peter." The tips of his mouth curved upwards, making his cheeks puff up a little. It made my whole body swoon. "I like the way you smile," I told him. He looked away. This time red crept onto his checks. I placed my hands on my face, looking through the spaces between my fingers. "Should I have not said that?"

He cleared his voice a couple of times. "No, uh, no it's okay. I'm just not used to it, is all." He looked around. "We should probably go to the perfect movie, huh? Wouldn't want to miss it. Is it nearby?"

I dropped my hands. "No, it's actually kind of far. We're going to have to take the subway."

"That's fine." He cleared his throat again as I looked at his face. I really liked his face. What a strange feeling. "After you."

"Oh, right." I stepped onto the road next to him, loosing those two inches that the sidewalk gave me and going back to having to slightly look up at him. We walked to the station, only a few words shared between us. Most from Peter saying things like, "Careful" and "Watch out".