CHAPTER 1

So the story is set somewhere in Season 1 and I might or might not use some elements from other seasons ^^. Lucifer is aware he is vulnerable around Chloe and has accepted the situation but isn't aware God put her in his path. Not sure if this part will ever happen by the way. Regarding Maze, she already lives with Chloe and Linda is aware of Lucifer's secret (I told you there would be some elements from Season 2 XD). And well Ella is awesome, so she'll be here as well ;).

Alright now that the few elements have been set-up, on with the show ^^.

+++++

CHAPTER 1

Los Angeles - Venice area - Chloe's Condo - Around 07:30 am

The day started rather normally for the sort-of family Chloe, Trixie and Maze had created in their new condo. Or as normal as it could be when you lived with an 8-year-old girl and a bounty hunter/demoness in the same house. Trixie was finally picked up by her dad to be brought to school and spend the week at his place, and Maze had left out of the blue for some contract on a trader she received up north in the San Francisco area. Chloe had no idea how long her flatmate would be gone for but she was - for once - glad to have some peace and quiet and be on her own for a couple of days, even if she was going to miss her daughter, and Maze a tiny bit. Despite her weird ways, the demoness brought some unexpected fun in their daily lives.

She grabs her mug and exhales, content as she hears nothing but silence. She sits on the sofa for a bit, simply enjoying the stillness, before she gets up and heads for her room to find some casual clothes to wear as she was not due in the office until the beginning of the afternoon, or until the repair man showed up - which was between 7 am and noon.

As she comes out of the shower, she hears a loud noise coming from her kitchen. Without a second thought, she grabs her service gun from its hidden spot and her old LAPD issued shirt she slept in. She pauses before she enters the kitchen and tries to think of who could be there. Maze was gone for sure and Dan would have announced himself if he had to return so whoever came in was clearly an unwelcome guest. She slowly walks to her kitchen where the noise came from, not yet turning the corner, gun ready just in case. She decides to announce herself as she slowly appears.

"Whoever you are, you've got about five seconds to show yourself and surrender with your arms where I can see them, or I'll shoot your ass out." She expects the perk who came in to make a run for it and waits for the door to open and close but nothing happens. Instead, she smells baked eggs and olive oil. She relaxes as she doesn't see anyone and slowly lowers her gun. " Maybe Trixie wanted to make some sort of surprise. " She thinks.

"Detective, I had no idea you looked so good in just a shirt. I mean I kinda knew but the reality exceeds the fiction by far."

She jumps and redirects her gun towards the origin of the voice. She slowly lowers it, but not completely, as she realises Lucifer was the one who spoke, and broke in.

"For god's sake, Lucifer!" She scolds him. "Where the Hell did you come from?" She wonders aloud, almost positive she hadn't seen him when she checked the exact spot where he now stood. "Do you realise I could have shot you?"

"The wrong deity I think." He jokes. "As for the shooting part, please don't. The last time it happened was rather unpleasant and I have no wish to renew the experience." She rolls her eyes, a flash of guilt as she remembers when she shot him, on his request. However, she chooses not to add more oil to the fire.

"How did you get in? Did you make a copy of my key?"

"Would " I'm the Devil " suffice as an explanation?" As she doesn't smile, he yields. "Fine." He huffs. "Maze gave me an extra key in case of emergency. Not that I would need one anyway."