Tribute

"So we have now meet this redhead." Jesse said as he paced the living room. "And she's pretty weird."
     "So how are going to find her?" Stacie asked. "Beca what do you know about her?"
     "She's homeschooled, she won't tell me her name, and she knows a lot about me." Beca said reading over the notebook.
      "Well why don't we find a way to get her attention?" Benji suddenly said. "Like a music video or something."
      "You know that's not a bad idea." Jesse said smiling. "Benji you're a genius. Beca do you think you can write a song?"
"Of course I can." Beca said confidently. "Give me couple days and I can have it done. Can you film the video Benji?"
"Yeah." He said nodding.
"Great." Jesse said smiling. "Everyone get to work."
Beca grabbed her notebook and turned to a clean page. She labeled it Song for Red. She started thinking about everything the girl had done for her. Then she just started writing. She hade at little trouble at first but once she got writing she couldn't stop. Within two hours she had lyrics. Beca looked at the clock in Emily's room and saw it was two in the morning. She then looked at the sleeping girl.
"Why do they care so much?" A voice asked. "You're a useless piece of shit. Everyone hates you."
"Shut up. That's not true. You're full of lies just like my mother." Beca said softly as she covered her ears. "It's like that redhead said, I'm stronger than you."
      The voices stopped and finally allowed Beca a good nights sleep. Beca soon woke up at around seven in the morning. She immediately grabbed the book and started working out the melody. She started out with a basic beat before adding a few riffs. In about four hours she had a complete song. She smiled as she read it over.
     "What are you smiling at?" Emily asked with a tired voice.
     "I finished the song." Beca said showing her the page. "I really like."
     "Great!" Emily said with a bright smile feeling more awake now. "We can call the others and tell them we are ready to record it."
     "Yup. I already shot Jess a text so he knows to gather the others. I'm so excited for them to start learning it." Beca said with a smile. A smile that actually reached her eyes. This sight is very rare.
     "Wow you're in a really good mood." Emily said smiling.
     "What? Is that illegal?" Beca asked with a slight giggle.
     "You should do that more often." Emily said with an even wider smile.
     "What?" Beca asked full on laughing now.
     "Laugh. You should laugh more." Emily said laughing along. "It's almost like... the laugh of a child. It's so innocent and pure."
     "Let me guess your going to say that my laugh just broken into a thousand prices and they all went skipping about?" Beca asked quoting the classic play Peter Pan.
     "Leave me alone. I tried to give you a compliment." Emily said playfully glaring.
     "Girls your friends are here!" Kathryn Junk called from downstairs.
"Hey guys." Beca said with a genuine smile. "You ready to learn a new song?"
"Hell yeah!" They all cheered.
They all got to work immediately. Beca started going over guitar cords with Jesse then after that she went to the piano with Benji. Stacie helped out with drums while Emily played other instruments they need. Soon enough they were ready to record.
"Okay... is everyone ready?" Beca asked looking around to see them all nod. "Let's do this."
The opening cords started playing and thy all smiled at one another before Beca started to sing.
"Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
It must have been cold there in my shadow
To never have sunlight on your face
You were content to let me shine, that's your way
You always walked a step behind
So I was the one with all the glory
While you were the one with all the strength
A beautiful face without a name for so long
A beautiful smile to hide the pain
Did you ever know that you're my hero
And everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle
For you are the wind beneath my wings" Beca smiled thinking just how true it was. The redhead really was the wind beneath her wing. "It might have appeared to go unnoticed
But I've got it all here in my heart
I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it
I would be nothing without you
Did you ever know that you're my hero?
You're everything I wish I could be
I could fly higher than an eagle
For you are the wind beneath my wings
Did I ever tell you you're my hero?
You're everything, everything I wish I could be
Oh, and I, I could fly higher than an eagle
For you are the wind beneath my wings
'Cause you are the wind beneath my wings
Oh, the wind beneath my wings
You, you, you, you are the wind beneath my wings
Fly, fly, fly away, you let me fly so high
Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings
Fly, fly, fly high against the sky
So high I almost touch the sky
Thank you, thank you
Thank God for you, the wind beneath my wings"
Once the final notes played out they all smiled at one another before they stopped recording. They decided to keep the video plain so they just filmed them playing it. Soon enough Benji was posting it to the internet. They all had hoped that it would attract the attention of a certain redhead. Later that day Beca managed to get her friends to let her take a walk by herself. She put earbuds in before she closed her eyes and let her feet take her where they wanted. As soon as she opened her eyes she was at the bridge.
"Of course." Beca said with a soft laugh as she took in her surroundings. "Is Red going to be here to?"
"Red? That's new." Beca heard the familiar voice.
"Well you refused to tell me your name so I improvised." Beca said shrugging looking at the water.
"You put up The Wind Beneath My Wings Right?" She asked looking at her.
"How do you even know about hat song? It hasn't gotten any views yet." Beca asked giving her a puzzled expression.
"You sure about that?" The redhead smirked.
Beca pulled out her phone to see that her song had already gotten a couple hundred views. "Holy shit." Beca said with a genuine smile.
"You're smile is really pretty. You should use it more often." Chloe said giving Beca a soft gaze.
"Wow. First Emily now you." Beca jokes sarcastically. "Are you going to tell me my laugh is going to turn into a fairy?"
"No. That's not true." She said giggling and shaking her head. "But whenever a bell rings an angle does get its wings."
"You're interesting, did you know that?" Beca said casually. "You're also a mystery."
The redhead giggled before looking over the short brunettes shoulder. Her face fell but she quickly brought it back into a smile.
"I need to get going. It was nice talking with you. Make sure you don't hurt yourself." She said before running off.
"What?" Beca asked with a confused expression. "I should probably get back."
She started the short walk to Emily's house. Once she arrived she was greeted by five wide smiles.
"Did you see how many views the video has already?" Benji asked holding up His laptop to show her. "This is insane Bec."
"Yeah it is. In fact this whole experience is insane." Beca said glumly. "I never really thanked you for helping me out."
"Don't worry about." Stacie said smiling warmly. "That's what friends are for."
"I love you guys." Beca said with a small smile.
"And we love you." Jesse said smiling back.
Normally the voices would tell her they were lying but this time she heard nothing. This made her smile widen. Maybe she had a chance at a normal life after all. Maybe she wasn't doomed to be some freak who's broken. Beca has never felt happier in her life. She really liked this feeling.