27. A Happy Day

Ethan POV 

"So they're actually getting along now?" Caleb asked. We just got back from our vacation and it was a wonderful week. The day after our mate swap, we decided to swap again. That time it was Zac and Chase, and me with Kody. I took Kody on a photographer's paradise tour. Since Zac went above and beyond to get him more than he could ever want, I took him to different places to take photographs. The day after was just a chill day at the hotel because the first three days were just us walking constantly and our feet were sore. The last two days were just us bonding all four of us. 

"Yes, but I don't want to jinx it. Chase and I have decided to give them space considering pushing them to bond didn't work." He sighed.

"I told you not to jump the gun with Zac and Kody. They have to bond on their own terms, not because you want them to. I know them two are stopping you four from being whole but you can't be so impulsive when Kody still feels a certain way about Zac. Personally, I see the shift. They're laughing and joking with each other and they're spending a lot more time together than they do apart." I sighed and finished the last of my paperwork. 

"Zac had been smiling all day like nothing can ruin his day. He has something planned for Kody and the only hint I got was he hopes Kody will like it and not hate it." I said. 

"What do you think it is? I mean there are 2 boxes waiting for you at home so could that be it?" Caleb asked. 

"No, Zac already had Kody opened those. He got him a damn industrial printer that can print poster sized pictures and a drone." Caleb looked just as shocked as I was when I found out. 

"Where did he get all that money?" He asked. 

"From his grandparents, apparently. His grandparents died and left all their money to him because when they found out what his parents did to him they changed their will and now he's practically a millionaire." I said. 

"Wow…" Was all Caleb said. 

"I know, it was a shock to me too but he got the call a while back about them and hardly uses the accounts." I said getting up from my office chair. 

"How did Kody take it?" He asked, following me to the pack hospital. 

"You mean before or after he had a mental breakdown that even though after so many months of being an ass to Zac, Zac still spoiled him beyond anything you could possibly imagine? Kody still has no idea how he's going to pay him back." I chuckled a little as we walked in to see Amilia. She's been discharged from the hospital a few days now but she had a check-up with Dr. Baldwin. 

"How's Amilia?" I asked.  

"She's perfectly fine. She honestly doesn't look like the same ill child I met." Kody smiled. 

"Well, to celebrate we can go to the park, all six of us." I said

"Sure that seems fun." He said.

"I got both diaper bags and I have a little something in the truck." Caleb smirked. 

"Thanks, Caleb." Kody said, smiling and hugged him. 

After we all got ready, we buckled Corey and Amilia in their car seats. 

"Looks like Caleb packed us a picnic." Chase said, putting the diaper bags in the car. 

"Sounds like him to do something like that." I smiled. 

"You really do love your brother don't you Ethan?" Chase asked. 

"He's my big brother and was like another dad to me. He's done more for me than he knows. I couldn't imagine my life without him." I looked at their house and got in the truck driving off.