58

"....And our favorite young lady, the newest Exquisite Belle of Haywood Academy....PARK Y/N!"

Applauds...
Whistles...
Cheers....

It was so loud.
But why couldn't I hear anything?

Isn't this what I wanted? Isn't this what my brother wanted from me? For me?

Then why am I being such a stuck up in the ass? Accept the award and move on Y/n, it's that simple.

As I walked to the stage with people randomly congratulating me, my mind couldn't help but get clogged by those days when we worked our asses off for this title. Those days when we practically became enemies to each other, and just for what? A damn title?

"Congratulations beaut, this one definitely belongs to you" I take the golden cup, my name engraved below the title.

PARK Y/N - EXQUISITE BELLE, 2020.

I slowly turned my head and looked at him standing there with pride oozing out from his chest. He was for sure the winner, without any doubts. His hard work really did pay off and I'm happy that he was happy.

But why wasn't I happy for myself?

That's it. I perfectly knew why I was or wasn't feeling the success.

Because it didn't matter to me anymore....

After all that it took for me, from me, it redeemed meaningless to me. Michelle was arrested, Him in was traumatized and hospitalized and is now recovering still, and...I'm going to be a mother soon....

It all weighed down on me to feel the epic success and honestly, it didn't matter the least. But I had to say a few words, I just had to.

The mic sits comfortably on the podium top, waiting to show its performance to the audience who eagerly wait for me to speak.

"This is unbelievable..." they cheer, startling me. After the crowd dies down a little, I continue.

"All the way up the horizon, through the pressure and sunlight, I'm honored to be here, taking this...Award, this title. But I solely believe that this award doesn't actually belong to me...." The audience gasp, suddenly falling silent. I know I've made my point now, and I can't help but continue. The look Jungkook gave me before I turned back to the crowd to speak was of a mixed signal.

I could say he was disappointed, because he knew what it actually took to come up this high. He's confused, as to why am I not willing to accept my success in the form of a golden cup. Isn't my name carved on it? Yes it was. But my heart wasn't attached to it completely.

"What was it supposed to do after all? How is....everything that we've done for this end? Was it good though? I don't think so. I still remember the day when I joined Haywood Academy, just a few months ago, in my junior year. We were all so happy, content, and united. I remember that fateful day when we all flooded against the notice board, when for the first time the competition was announced" I scoffed at the memory. The crowd seems to let my voice sink in and start to rethink everything, rejoice those days.

"And now....what are we? Students of Haywood Academy? Nah. We're not" he crowd makes a noise, similar to something of a sigh.

"We were at each other's throats just a few months ago. Trying to pull each other down so that we could ace, stand first. It was dangerous fellas...."

And yet I continued to fight with the danger....

"It wasn't supposed to end like this. Anything ever, but never like this. This was too bad for our own good" I say through the feeling of a lump forming in my throat.

It was all of a sudden that my body reacted on its own and I carefully placed the artifact in my hands down on the ground.

The crowd gasps at my unpredictable action, mouths covered in horror and confusion. I hear Jungkook from behind me whisper shout my name.

I look at him, promptly, and shake my head.

This is my moment. This is the time where I let my emotions deal with me.
The cameras zoom in on me suddenly, and I grow conscious. Jimin is watching me on the National TV. I know he is, and I gear up my courage and face the camera which was floating directly in front of me.

"I'm your Exquisite Belle, but I can't accept this award. It's too singular...." The crowd is again rendered speechless. I keep the suspense waiting before I smile into the mic, proud of what I'm about to say.

"This...belongs to every girl, maiden, woman of Eulandia. It's a prestige for me to share this award with those who work hard for their family, who are so so beautiful inside out, who are just plain fabulous no matter what...this is for you" I see the shine glimmer in the eyes of the younger ladies. The older women smile graciously and I feel over the cloud and take a deep breath.

"Mic drop"

°°°

I don't know what I'm writing. Fuck
I'm so sorry :"(