Disappearance

Bokuto's POV

One year later

I'm a third year music major now. Terushima, Kuroo, Takeshi, and I graduate this year. 

Ever since September of 2006, I didn't see much of Akaashi. I'd call him, show up at his door, wait outside of his classes, and even go to the music room, but he'd always run away. Kuroo told me to leave him alone but how am I supposed to? I miss him like hell, my mind is filled by him, even after a fucking year!

The one thing I want to do most, more than likely won't ever happen again. My mind always wonders back to my second year when we first sang together. His voice was sweet, deep yet light, melodic. I fell in love with that voice. I guess, it just wasn't meant to be.

Ever since I've stopped listening to certain genres of music and I couldn't find any inspiration for original songs. Takeshi thinks I've got a small case of Mellophobia (The fear or dislike of music). He's probably right to be honest.

Our graduation is in two months and the third year music majors have been given a group project. We have to write a song to perform at graduation. Me, Terushima, this guy Iwaizumi, and this other guy Asahi. Iwaizumi's cool and funny but he always has this one guy attached to his hip. 

We've already written lyrics for the song but Iwaizumi and I need to figure out guitar chords since he'll be playing base. I'm singing and playing at the same time. Terushima's playing the drums and Asahi's on piano.

I'm slightly scared to play my guitar but I'll get over it. 

,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

Time skip brought to you by Tendou's sexy fingers

,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

Graduation Day

I stood on stage, my guitar in my hands, and the microphone stand in front of me. I was scared, knowing he would be watching me. This song was written by me, for him. I want him to know how I feel. 

The graduation ceremony took place in the outside concert hall. The flowers were in bloom and everyone from the school was looking up at me.

PLAY MUSIC

Asahi started playing the piano and I gripped the stand. Taking a deep breath, I look into the crowd, immediatly spotting Kuroo, Takeshi, Hayase, Kenma and Akaashi. I smiled at Kuroo who held a video camera to the stage. What a doof.

Highway run

Into the midnight sun

Wheels go round and round

You're on my mind 

I heard Iwaizumi's guitar strum, knowing I came in soon.

Restless hearts

Sleep alone tonight

Sending all my love

Along the wire

They say that the road ain't no place to start a family

Right down the line it's been you and me

Iwaizumi's guitar became more prominent.

And lovin' a music man ain't always what it's supposed to be

Oh, girl, you stand by me

I'm forever yours

Faithfully

Iwaizumi's guitar came into full effect. Terushima's drums sounded. I'm so scared. I've never really been afraid of anything in my life, but right now, I'm terrified. I strummed my first chord perfectly. 

Circus life

Under the big top world

We all need the clowns

To make us smile

I strummed my badass, small solo and a large smile was painted on my face. I'm back baby!

Through space and time

Always another show

Wondering where I am

I'm lost without you

And being apart ain't easy on this love affair

Two strangers learn to fall in love again

I get the joy of rediscovering you

Oh, girl, you stand by me

I'm forever yours

Faithfully

Faithfully

I'm still yours

I'm forever yours

Ever yours

Faithfully

The song came to an end and I opened my eyes, Akaashi was looking at me, his cheeks red. 

I smiled at him and he looked away. My ears picked up on the applause and I leaned into the mic to say a quick thank you. 

I ran off the stage to find Akaashi but once I neared the group, he was already gone.

,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,. 

More time skips brought to you by Kuroo's amazing cooking skills

,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

It's been about a month since graduation. I still live with Takeshi and Kuroo but now Hayase lives here. 

I'll probably never be able to see Akaashi again and to be honest, I've come to terms with it. I voiced my feelings through a song and he listened, then he ran. 

Ah fuck. He's still not out of my mind. Of fucking course he's not. I probably scared him. Ugh. 

I walked out onto my bedroom balcony, sitting on the balcony floor. The wind swept through my hair. I wear it down a lot now because I don't have motivation. 

I hear a conversation from the park near my apartment. It's quiet loud. It's like 2 a.m. who would be out?

"Come here." A deeper voice said. He sounded like an older and demanding male.

"No!" A younger male's voice said. He sounded scared.

"Get your ass over here you slut!"

"Fuck you!" The younger voice started shaking as he sounded to be struggling against something.

I shot up and saw the younger male fighting against the older one. 

"You're a virgin right? Your ass must be pretty fucking tight huh~" The older one grabbed the others ass.

I rushed out of my apartment and into the park. I looked around for the two as I realized the older male's back was facing me. I quietly approached him and put him in a choke hold just as his hand slipped into the others pants. He soon passed out and I called the police. 

I stood up and walked over to the victim to see him on the ground, his knees pulled up to his chest. 

"Hey. Are you okay?" I bent down and placed my hand on his shoulder.

"B-Bokuto-san?" He looked up, his eyes were puffy and red, tears fell down his face. He was shaking and scared.

"Akaashi?"