Chapter 3

Hoss's POV

My optics open, I look around and see it is night time so everyone is in recharge. I rise to my peds and grab my cannon off the table. I place it on my back and walk towards the ground bridge controls. I begin to type in coordinates when I hear a heavier bot trying to be light on its peds.

Hoss: If you're going to sneak up on me, be sneaky.

I hear the peds stop. I smirk and turn around, my optics land on Optimus.

Hoss: What do you want Optimus?

He looks down at his peds, he takes a deep inhalation and looks at me.

Optimus: Why are you trying to leave Hoss?

I chuckle lightly at him and walk up to him. With us being the same height I looked him in the optics.

Hoss: Because your humans don't trust me. Your team doesn't trust me. I'm a gladiator, I don't belong here Prime.

Optimus backs up a little. I sigh and return to the bridge. I open it and look him in the optics.

Hoss: Anyone who attempts to follow me will cause the whole system to crash. It is fixable, but annoying.

He nods and looks down sadly. I walk past him and stop just before the entrance to the vortex, I look over my shoulder at Optimus.

Hoss: Optimus....

He looks at me, his optics full of coolant.

Hoss: Don't stop fightin for him. He will come around eventually.

I watch as coolant runs down his faceplates. I sigh and look forward. I transform and rev my engine loud enough to wake the entire base. I take off leaving them to continue my life outside of their team. Back to how it's always been...me by myself.

Optimus Prime's POV

I stand there watching the portal fade as I hear everyone run in. I wipe the coolant off my faceplates and return to my stoic shell. They all reach the main room with their weapons drawn. Ratchet looks around then at me. He walks towards me and grabs my arm.

Ratchet: He left didn't he?

I nod and I hear blasters be put away. They all walk closer to me. I see Ratchet look down then at me,

Ratchet: Tell them about your past with him. You know it better than anyone here.

I sigh and walk over to the medical berth. They all follow and sit down on the floor around me. I take a breath then start my tale, of how I knew Hoss.

*FLASHBACK*

The sounds of steel clashing can be heard all across Cybertron. The cheering of a crowd is heard as we get closer to the gladiatorial ring. The camera pans in as we see two bots fighting each other. One being Megatronus, the other being a black bot wielding a axe . They currently are in a blade lock, the black bot drops his hand and slams his fist into Megatronus's side. He stumbles back a little. The bot drops his axe and charges Megatronus tackling him to the ground. He slams his foot onto Megatronus's chest.

???: Yield.

Megatronus: Never!

The bot places his blaster at Megatronus's neck.

???: I said yield!

Megatronus looks down and sighs.

Megatronus: I yield...

The bots face plate retracts and he smirks. He offers his hand to Megatronus and pulls him up.

???: You can't beat me Megatronus.