Chapter 4: Neutral Zone

Hoss's POV

I have finished setting up a base here in England. It took me a little bit of convincing from the Government, but they allowed it as long as I didn't destroy anything. Wiltshire, a very green and beautiful piece of England... close to Stonehenge... close to the last bit of home I have. I have sent out a beacon with a message encoded in it. My base and Stonehenge are neutral grounds. No fighting or you shall be killed on sight. I smile and look at my handy work. The base looks like a barn from the outside but from the inside it looks like a military base. Outfitted with a groundbridge, a terminal, and a medical/therapy room. I hear a jet outside of the barn, I smile under my faceplate knowing he is right on time. The door slides open and Soundwave walks in. He begins to speak in recordings

Soundwave: Time... to begin.

I nod and walk over to the medical berth. I lay down on the table and take a deep breath. I look at his visor.

Hoss: I am ready. Let's begin this week's session.

I look at the ceiling and let my mind fall into recharge. So that Soundwave can help me.

*DREAM WORLD*

I open my optics and see that we are standing in the gladiatorial ring... on Cybertron. I retract my plates and let a smile form on my face. I hear footsteps behind me, I turn around and see Soundwave.

Hoss: So...what are we looking for today?

Soundwave: Statement: Memories from the past

In my head he seems to be more comfortable using his own voice. I nod to him and look around

Hoss: So, why the Gladiator ring?

Soundwave: Statement: Megatron.

My optics widen.

Hoss: Why are we looking for memories of Megatron?

He lifts his arm and points. I follow the direction and see the old Megatronus. The one before the war. His grey finish was lighter, his optics shone a brilliant blue. He looked menacing, but was actually a teddy bear underneath that shell.

Hoss: He was... a much better Mech in those days. Why am I seeing the old Megatronus?

Soundwave walks over towards him. I can feel his emotions of happiness seeing the old Megatron. Those where better days

Hoss: Soundwave... we both know he will never be like that again.

He looks down but then recollects himself.

Soundwave: Statement: Time to wake up. Proximity alarm.

I nod and force myself awake.

*REAL WORLD*

I open my optics and lean up slowly. I see Soundwave has hidden already. I get off the berth and see Megatron land. I walk out of my barn with my cannon in my servos.

Hoss: Stop where you are standing or I will open fire. This is a neutral ground, there will be no fighting brought by you on these lands.

He raises his hands, then holds a cube of Energon out.

Megaton: I come with a peace offering. I wish to be welcome in the neutral zones.

I look at him, then sigh. I grab the cube and put my cannon away.

Hoss: Clear! It's just Megatron.

I hear a clicking noise from inside. I go back to the barn and sit down on the berth. Soundwave walks out and looks at Megatron.

Megatron: So this is where you go... very homey.

Soundwave: It is very good

Hoss: Why are you here. You don't go places without reason.

Megatronus sighs and looks into my optics.

Megatron: After... our talk at Stonehenge, I began thinking. This war, it has claimed our planet. After our planet fell I was lost... when we came to earth the original fire was reborn, but this war has shown me that my cause was arrogant. I want the old days back, when my biggest concern was if I ran into your brother in the ring.

A smile forms on my face. I get up and walk over to him. I wrap an arm around his shoulder.

Hoss: Even if you did, He would have gone easy on you.

I can see a small smile form on his face. We hangout for a few human hours. Soundwave watching intently and Megatron cracking jokes like we used to do back on Cybertron. After a while Soundwave leaves but Megatron stays. I look down into my cup then back at him.

Hoss: You should talk to him Megatron.

I can feel his mood drop.

Megatron: but, what if I mess it up. Eons of fighting... and eons of hate.

Hoss: Megatron, where are your bearings? You used to fear nothing! Besides, Optimus still believes in your spark. No matter how much you two fight.

He looks into his glass of energon. He goes to speak but I raise my hand.

Hoss: Return to the nemesis and think. If you cannot bring me a good reason you shouldn't talk to him, don't return.

He looks up at me about to say something but I stare him down. He sighs and gets up. He walks to the door then looks back at me.

Megatron: Thank you...old friend.

I nod and he leaves. I smile and look around the base. Today was a good day...