Mystical Awakening Online: Main Story Outline

Tutorial

1. The player starts the game by creating a character and background information (age, physical appearance, gender, Race, Sub-race, hometown and starting items.). The player's character is then introduced as taking their graduation exam from the International Academy of Sciences as an adventurer. The player is asked several questions, which affect the player's starting equipment.

2. After the player has finished registering, they are taken to a testing stage. The player is given their first potion flask, the Diamond Flask. The test proctor gives the player time to review movement and controls in the tutorial area before being sent into a dungeon. The player is tasked with getting to the end of the dungeon, defeating the boss at the end of the dungeon, picking up an item placed in the dungeon, and then return to the test proctor. After the player returns to the test proctor, they are then tasked with defeating the proctor in a battle.

3. After defeating the test proctor, is told they have graduated. A scene plays quoting a line from Fusun Xian. After the scene finishes the player then chooses their starting city (Haliber for Naresia, and Gamulaos for Floryre and Gate City for Ceila Roien,) When the player arrives, an NPC greets the player and takes them to the Adventurer's Guild to register.

Starting adventure

1. After the player registers with the Adventurers Guild of their chosen city they complete a series of quests that takes them to each of the main cities. The player accepts a quest to defeat a monster that had been plaguing a nearby town. If the player is defeated The player will have a dream of large monstrous creature that peers down at the player while light pours into the player's body. If the player wins, they will die to an event, and see the same dream sequence. The player hears the voice of man stating the player has been given a great gift. When the player awakens, they will notice a strange mark on the player's body.

2. After the player completes the quests in their main cities, the player is directed to travel to the Adventure's Guild in Myddfai. The player is told there is message awaiting them at the guild. When the player arrives at the guild, the guild representative at the register will hand the player a letter without a sender; the letter details a quest the player can accept or turn down. Should the player turn down the quest the next time the player exits and enters the guild building, the representative will hand the player another letter; strongly urging the player to accept the quest. The player will continue to receive these letters until the quest is accepted.

3. After the player takes the quest, they are tasked with investigating a mysterious light that is causing monsters to become more aggressive and people who go near the forest to become lost.

     - Quest: Lantern of Chaos

4. After the player gets through the forest the player finds a shining jewel on a broken altar. The player is asked to identify the color of the jewel (the chosen pearl affects the dialogue and stats of their character) When the player picks up the jewel they are attacked by an unseen force. After a few moments, the jewel shines brightly blinding the player. After player's vision returns to normal the invisible force is revealed to the player. The player is attacked by this creature, and a fight begins. The player can either defeat the beast or lose to the beast. Should the player lose they are saved by an unseen person, before passing out. Should the player win, they will take three steps before blacking out.

5. When the player awakes, they are in a house of an unknown woman and the player notices the strange mark on their hand. The woman introduces herself Veivyanue and says that she is lives within the forest. The woman tells the player that her family has been guarding the forest and the stone altar for generations. The Veivyanue tells the player that they were chosen by the stone, that they have been cursed and blessed by the stone and that those chosen by the stone are able to see things that mortals were not meant to see, otherworldly unnatural things. She tells the player the stones cannot be thrown or given away for they will return to the person that they cursed, and that only through death can the curse be lifted. The woman also notices that the player has another curse though they do not know the natural of this curse or who it was that cursed them.