Daciana

Daciana

Elisabeta and I continue to slurp the bodies as Dracula walks away. I elbow Elisabeta, with only a little more force than necessary.

"What's wrong with him?" I ask, grabbing an ankle. She shrugs her shoulders,

"I don't know," she mumbles through a mouthful, "maybe I should talk to him."

"Yeah and maybe not." I wipe off my mouth with the sleeve of my dressing gown. "I'll go see what's wrong, you can finish these." I give her an offer I know she can't refuse. She shoots me a warning glare and then lunges hungrily on the bodies.

I stop by my chambers to change clothes before going to talk to him. I decorated my room with warm, bold colors, thick fringe hung from the blankets and tapestries, I tried to create a very lush, passionate feel.

My wedding night was unlike that of my friends. Because unfortunately vampires cannot make love, but they can get very close. Drac and I spent hours in this room coming as close as we could without ever really getting anywhere. I trace a pattern in the blanket while the memories fill my head. I shake them out with thoughts of present things and possibilities.

I change out of my nightgown into a lacy, black dress with thin straps. No one was more excited than me when it became acceptable to wear clothes like this in public. I pile my hair on my head how I remember he liked it and add a choker to complete the look.

After changing I proceed to the base of the tower. Scent tells me he is still there and I ascend.

"Yes?" He asks, with his back to me, facing the window. I approach him, placing my hands on his shoulders and resting my head there,

"Is something wrong?" I ask sweetly. In all the years we've been married I never stopped loving him. There was something about the way he looked off into space when he was alone, and the passion when he attacked that made me melt.

"Nothing is wrong dear." His words were a sigh. I peel his hands off of the window frame and hold them in mine.

"Are you sure?" I persist, certain that I will get what I want.

"Absolutely." His voice is cold. Seeing that things aren't going as I'd planned, I changed tactics.

"You didn't tell me how I look yet." I pouted. His eyes sweep over my body unamused.

"You look ravishing." He said, sincerely, yet still bored somehow.

"You haven't kissed me yet this morning." I whined again. He sighed,

"Daciana, I don't want to do this right now." He complained, but I am not dissuaded. I steadily grow closer, I wrap my arms around him and I part my lips just enough,

"Kiss me." I beg. He rolls his eyes and brings his lips to mine. The tiny buds of retracted fangs poke my lip and it hurts, but I persevere, leaning my head to the side and pulling away. Our lips connect again and he holds me to him by the small of my back. I start to pull him towards the exit of the tower, but he resists. "Let's go to my room." I offer. But as I say it he pulls away again, this time distancing himself.

"I told you Daciana, not now." He goes back to the window, his thoughts obviously elsewhere. "Why don't you go into town?" He says this with his back to me again and I know that it's time to leave.

"I love you Dracula." I remind him. He nods. He has never said it back.