02

M I D N I G H T
Someone moved in next door.

I'm kinda surprised since that house was vacant for years. I almost thought it was haunted or something.

Behind the blinds, I was squinting my eyes to see who was my new neighbor.

With tan skin and raven hair, I knew that the guy was smoking hot just by looking at his back.

I was busy checking him out when he turned around and our eyes met.

Wait, what?

I blinked at him. He blinked back.

Closing the blinds in a hurry, I ran to the bathroom and locked myself in there.

Holy sht. Did he just saw me?

I could feel myself panicking so before another attack happens, I splashed some water on my face from the sink.

Too lazy to get a towel, I wiped my face with my sweater.

My cheeks were no longer in their usual milky white shade and are now rather covered with a soft hue of rose.

Before I could examine myself more, I heard the doorbell rang.

I froze in my place.

It's too early in the morning for human interaction. Way too early.

Once again, the doorbell rang, the sound echoing throughout the whole house.

I scurried to the front door to not keep the person outside waiting.

That person was most probably my new neighbor because absolutely no one visits me.

No one.

Opening the door slightly, I peeked at  him.

"Uhm, hi." I mumbled.

"Hey, my name's Rogue. I just moved in." He grinned, showing me the world's best smile.

Blushing from what I just thought, I still managed to reply. "Midnight... Welcome to the neighborhood."

My anxiety's skyrocketing through the roof right now, and I started to fidget on my toes.

"I brought this for you," He handed me a... present? and winked. "Baked them myself."

Baked?

"Well, I have to finish unpacking. I'll see you around, Midnight!"

I didn't even get to say goodbye so I just closed the door.

Unwrapping what he just gave to me,  I was surprised to see cookies with assorted fillings.

I tentatively took a bite out of one and let me just say...

This made me smile for the first time in a while.