Assembly

You had followed the general crowd towards the hall. It was a large room, with seats filling most of the floor space. You sat beside an empty chair and looked towards a staging area. Said stage also had a few seats that were being filled by what you assumed to be the teaching staff.

A minute or two later, two figures walked out onto the centre stage in which talking between students stopped. The first was a lady with dark hair and most interestingly, a tattoo under her left eye. She appeared stern, her arms behind her back. She stopped abruptly by the podium, looking down at the students. She was wearing a white shirt and a blue suit which had various gold pins.

The second figure followed her and stood at the podium

The second figure followed her and stood at the podium. He appeared to be a couple of years younger than the woman beside him though you couldn't be certain. He was wearing a dark navy suit, with scarlet red tie. Whilst you couldn't see much under the suit, you could tell he was well-built. He was a bright blonde, with a muscular pale face.

He stood perfectly straight, like a soldier; confidently placing both hands on either edge of the podium

He stood perfectly straight, like a soldier; confidently placing both hands on either edge of the podium. He leant forward, clearing his throat a little and then began to speak: "Good morning, and welcome to a new term at Overwatch High. I am Principle Morrison, and this is Vice Principle Amari". He looked towards the woman on his right, in which she nodded at the students. "The reason I have brought you here is to talk you through the agenda for today and give a brief explanation about the term and school itself. I expect NO questions at the end as I will only go over this once. " Morrison continued.

He went on to talk about class schedules, which we would receive on our phones. It was important to be at class on time, otherwise you would be placed in detention after school. The same applied about handing homework in on time.
Extra-curricular activities were also discussed, with the sport team try-outs starting later in the week, led by Coach Wilhelm who we would meet on our first gym lesson. He went on to introduce additional faculty staff, such as the school nurse Miss Ziegler and the guidance counsellor Mr Zenyatta. Finally, there was a full run-through of the school rules, in which breaking them would result in detentions, suspensions and finally expulsion.

"I want this school to run like a well-oiled machine. I do not want ANY excuses for misbehaviour, you got that Jamison?" He turned to an individual a few seats ahead, who you couldn't see very well because of the number of students ahead of you. You assumed Jamison nodded as Morrison continued on. "That should be everything. I WILL HAVE NO INCIDENTS ON THE FIRST DAY. It's that understood?" The whole room nodded in agreement, too intimidated to speak. "Good. Now I will give you a ten minute break to review your class schedules and find your classes."

Morrison stepped to the side as Amari now took over the podium, "and before you ask, no you may not change classes - so please do not ask. The schedule you have been given today will remain the same until the end of term". She backed away from the microphone and walked off the stage alongside Morrison whilst the students applauded in a passive tone.

You looked around as the students spoke to each other, comparing timetables. You could hear both excitement and disappointment as everyone learnt who their teachers and classes were. "Oh no! We're not in the same class? But we're never apart!"
"Zaryanova is teaching gym? Looks like I'm being sick that day!"
"Echo? Is she a new teacher? I've never seen her on a class schedule before".

You decided to check your own schedule so you opened the school's application you had downloaded the night before. Your eyes glanced over the calendar, which showed you had four lessons in a day plus lunch, all an hour long. So you would be at school until 14:00. Your eyes then trailed to your first lesson of the day.

MONDAY / 9:00 - M. O'DEORAIN - BIOLOGY

"OH MAN! YOU HAVE MOIRA?!" The sudden exclamation made you jump, whilst the voice began laughing loudly. You looked at the empty chair beside you, in which a girl suddenly appeared.