Worth

"Worth?"

The class had already started, but you found yourself completely unable to focus on the lesson - not that you could understand what Mr Bastion was saying as he only spoke in beeping noises.

You tapped your finger on the desk nervously, glancing over at Sombra and Amélie every so often. Sombra was on her phone like most of the class, except she would laugh now and again, grinning to herself as she showed Amélie her screen. Amélie on the other hand, kept the same neutral face, never turning her head to look. Both her hands were placed on the desk, though she would sometimes take out a silver pocket mirror as if to check for any imperfections. You couldn't help but wonder why they were friends, (if they even were). What's worth each other's time?

"Are you worth it?" A question you had asked yourself since Amélie approached you - what did she mean by that? The number of questions you had was overwhelming, you placed your head on the desk and let out a loud sigh.

"Ha - bored already friend?" Sombra said as she tapped you on the shoulder, smiling. "Don't worry, this lesson is about to get interesting". You lifted your head off the desk watching as Sombra was tapping at her phone screen. You looked over towards Amélie, who was also watching. The two of them looked at one another and let out a delighted laugh, turning their attention to Mr Bastion. "Apagando las luces" Sombra whispered.

The teacher stopped mid-sentence, his metallic body starting to spark and twitch

The teacher stopped mid-sentence, his metallic body starting to spark and twitch. Within a few seconds, the light on his head turned off and he fell to the floor.

Sombra burst out laughing, "I guess class is dismissed!"
"Seriously Sombra! You do this every term!" Hana shouted angrily from the front of the class.
"Please, I could see you on your game console from here. You should be thanking me".
"Thanking you?"
"You're welcome. Now you can stream to your heart's content Amiga." Sombra grinned, standing up from her desk. Amélie also stood up grabbing her designer handbag from under the chair, turning to you. "Get your things, we're leaving".