{The (30) End}

- Two Years Later -

Namjoon (text message): Our table is in the VIP section. Go to the red current and say my name.

I hesitated in front of the familiar five star restaurant. I was dressed appropriately, this time around with a red romper from Urban Outfitters, a fresh denim jacket, and cleaned white high top converse. I received stares of admiration as I walked into the restaurant and up to the host table.

Waitress: Good Evening ma'am how can we help you tonight?

Me: Um, I'm here on a reservation for Kim.

Waitress: First Name?

Me: Namjoon. VIP.

Waitress: I see. Follow me please.

The tough looking security guard unhooked the red velvet rope and opened the curtain for me to go through. He smiled at me and the waitress and she presented him the tablet that had our reservation information, letting me inside.

Guard: Back corner.

Me: Thank you.

The VIP section has a dark vibe, velvet walls and black polish wood tables. In the booth in the far back left corner, was a man. My man. Namjoon looked up from his watch at me and made room for me in the booth.

Namjoon: Are you Nari?

Me: Funny.

Namjoon: *laughing* Happy twenty fourth birthday, princess.

Me: *smiling* Thank you. You look nice.

Namjoon: So do you.

With his arm around me, we kissed. He smelled like the new sweet, chocolate like cologne that I got him for his birthday that year. On the table was a bottle of blood red wine and two filled glasses. I smiled into his kiss, glad of every decision I made to this point.

Namjoon: Are you feeling nostalgic yet?

Me: A little bit. But you seem to be enjoying this.

Namjoon: I am.

Me: You know, you didn't have to-

Namjoon: Yes. I did have to do all of this.

Me: *laughing* But it's a lot!

Namjoon: If I could, I'd give you the entire eurasian continent for your birthday. Unfortunately, I'm not that rich, so I present to you, a big fancy dinner.

Me: I love it. Thank you, Namjoon.

Namjoon: Do you want another bottle?

Me: No, thanks.

Namjoon: Well, I do.

He ordered another bottle while I drank from my glass. I noticed that the entire VIP section was empty aside from us. Our drinks and food came out with little to no waiting time. And the breadsticks were made to perfection.

Me: What else do you have up your sleeve tonight?

Namjoon: That, my love, is a surprise.

Me: Tell me!

Namjoon: I'll give you a sneak peak.

Me: Ok.

He gently took my left hand and raised it to his lips, kissing my ring finger. My face hurt from smiling so much. I pulled my hand away to cup his face and connect our lips. A waiter came by with our entrees. I flushed and broke apart with Namjoon's fingers playing with locks of my hair.

Namjoon: *laughing* What is it?

Me: I embarrassed myself just now.

Namjoon: How?

Me: He caught us kissing.

Namjoon: What's wrong with that?

Me: *laughing* Stop it.

Namjoon: Put your wallet away. You're not paying.

Me: Split!

Namjoon: Not this time.

Me: But-

Namjoon: *smiling* It's your birthday. Let me treat you.

Me: You're acting weird.

Namjoon: Am I?

Me: You're up to something.

Namjoon: No I'm not.

Me: Yes you are.

Namjoon: I'm just trying to have a nice birthday dinner with my f...girlfriend.

Me: What was that pause?

Namjoon: I didn't pause.

Me: You just-

He cut me off by pressing his lips on mine. When I laughed and turned away, he tilted my chin back towards him and kissed me again, slyly removing my jacket to get my bare shoulders and collarbone. His nose nuzzled in the crook of my neck, getting more of the laughing reaction from me. The waiter came back, sick of our PDA, and dropped a hot jumbo cinnamon roll on the table.

Me: Did we order this?

Namjoon: I did.

Me: When?

Namjoon: Before you got here. And I told them to bring it out at the end.

The waiter pulled out a single candle and a lighter. Two other waitresses came around the booth and everyone was singing happy birthday while I sat there awkwardly, not knowing how to handle the attention, but still clapping my hands.

The waiters bowed and left. I don't know what to wish for. I mean, I have everything right now. I guess the only thing I want is for this to last forever. And Namjoon and I will get everything we dream of. Then, I blew out the candle.

Me: Want to split it?

Namjoon: Sure. You want the center though?

Me: Yes please.

Namjoon: I know it's no Panera Bread but...

Me: Stop. This is great.

Namjoon: Here is the center.

Me: Thank you.

I lifted up the center, excited to bite into it. Something hard hit my tooth making me flitch and put it down. Namjoon gave me a concerned look and handed me my water glass. I laughed it off and picked it up again.

Namjoon: Are you okay?

Me: Yeah. I'm fine.

Over the plate, I pulled the center piece apart. Something round fell and dropped on the plate, covered in the residue of the pastry. I grabbed a napkin and wiped it clean, a white gold band and a simple cut diamond ring in my hand.

Namjoon: To match your minimalist energy.

Me: I...What....

Namjoon: Nari Kang...

He peeled the ring from my hand, took my left on again, and slid it over my ring finger. Namjoon was smiling, smug. Knowing my answer before he even asked the question. Lost for words, my other hand covered my mouth.

Me: ...my god...

Namjoon: Will you marry me? 

- The End -