Chapter 9- Take off

Mark walked home from school. He had to admit, today was definitely a weird day. Felix's phone blowing up, Trent and his duche bag friends showing up, Jack being secretive then leaving early. . . how can it get any weirder? The red haired males mind switched between his best friends and his enemy.

How long has Trent been messing with Felix, Jack, Tyler, Bob and Wade? Why hadn't they said anything?

____*Flashback*____
*Couple weeks ago*

"L-leave me alone!"
"What are you going to do about it nerd? All I want is my homework"
"I t-told you! Do it yourself!"

Trent pushed the freshman kid into the lockers, making him fall. Mark walked out if his History class to see this.

Mark was pretty much with the jocks group/gang, whatever you want to call it, because of his athletic abilities and being on the team, though he wish he wasn't. He hated what Trent did to others, but a small part of Mark wanted to think that he could change. But now he was done with this shit.

"Trent, leave him alone. We have a game this weekend, coach wouldn't want his best player to be in trouble" The bright red haired male got somewhat calmly between the two.
The Sophomore looked at Mark with disgust.

"Defending the nerds are we? What's the point, they're only good for missing homework"

"T-thats not true!" The kid spoke. He was standing up now but didn't move from his spot.

"The kids right Trent. Besides, he'll probably get farther for his smarts and wit than you will on highschool threats and copied homework"

Mark tried to stay calm as he knew he was challenging, more or less, the leader of the football team, but anger conjured in his chest in a way he hasn't felt in a while. Mark glanced at his balled fist to see them a slight arora of pink, only seen by him.

"Well hello Mark. Been a while, hm?"

Shit . . .

He was pushed up against the lockers. Mark looked at Trent dead in the eyes, showing he wasn't scared as he pinned the half Korean. But he could feel the metaphorical dam holding back his aggresive rage begin to crumble.

He saw Trent's eyes slowly grow fearful as he looked into Marks eyes and he stepped back from him slowly. He stopped when he was a good few feet from him and sneered.

"S-stay out of my way Freak, Or I'll make sure coach puts you off the team for your record"

". . ." Mark didn't reply. His thoughts wondering to the fights he had been put up to by the group

"Fucking eyes were pink . . ."
"Really!? They looked red to me . . ."
A red head, Brian, a.k.a Cherry Bomb, and another kid wispered to each other as they followed Trent and the other guys back to class.

____*End of Flashback*____

"You had to appear now, after all these years of being dormant" Mark asked himself as he kept walking along the sidewalk. He lived on the outskirts of the city, so it wasn't as crowded.

"Aw, is this how you is that how you treat an old friend? I've been up for two weeks. Besides, it was mostly you who woke me up, but I'm not complaining."
The voice spoke in his head, well, his voice. It sounded more like an echo and a little static-y.

"It's not like we were best buds. For gods sake Dark, you took over and killed my dog before you disappeared!"

Mark knew he would have looked crazy to anyone who would have walked by, but he didn't give two fucks.

"It wouldn't shut up. And that was nine years ago. You still got that other dog... Chica is its name?"
He was quite for a moment.
"Anyway, there is something coming, something I have always dreaded to see return"

He could feel a slight anxiety build up in his chest. Mark smerked to himself

"Aw, feels like someones scared"

"Do not joke about this! We need to learn more about threat before he-it has enough strength to physically manifest"

Mark rolled his eyes but felt uncomfortable. If it was enough to make Dark nervous, it was probably bad.

He walked up his drive way and walked through his door. He put his bag away and walked to his back yard. It was getting dark as Mark stretched.

"Going out again?"

Dark asked as Mark started running. He leaped over the tall fence and long translucent pink wings grew from his upper back. They let off a soft glow as he flew higher into the darkening sky.

"Well, you said we had to learn more about this thing, and your problems are my problems . . .or you'll just take over and do it yourself. Besides, haven't had these wings in years, let me get some practice in."

Mark flew over the city happily, carful not to let anyone see him. It took Mark a few minutes to realize what he was doing.

"Er. . . What is this thing your so worried about? And why not let that new superhero, um what's his name... Jackaboy-man, take care of it?"

"That I can't tell you right now, but you should probably ask that green haired friend of yours"
Mark felt confused.

"Jack? Why would he know something about this?"
Dark stayed silent. The pink winged man sighed angerly, knowing he wasn't going to get anything else from his Demon side.

Mark flew over the streets, keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary. For the passed week, he had been doing this, but never for a threat Dark was worried about.

The winged teenager slowed down as he saw a green glow come from the top of a building. He glided down and landed softly behind the figure crouching on the building ledge. He was wearing a red spandex onesie with a hood, bold blue arm bands, and purple sneakers. From what Mark could see, his hair and fist were glowing slightly and a bright green orb floated beside him.

Wish I could say that's the weirdest thing I've seen, but honestly I'm not surprised.

His wings fell loosely behind him as Mark made his way to the person.

"Sights nice up here, huh?" He asked casually. The guy quickly turned around. He was wearing a blue mask that covered his eyes.

"Jackaboy-man I suppose?"
"Ya, Who are you?"
"Just call me Darkiplier"

"Classy" Dark chuckled

Shut up

Jackaboy-man seemed a little nervous as he stood up and walked over.
"It's ok Sam" He told the orb, which mark found to be an eye ball with a bright blue iris. Mark was a little confused. He didn't hear anyone else. Was the eye some kind of telepathic thing?

The red hero walked over to Mark, extending his hand.
"Nice to meet you Darkiplier, you can just call me Jackie if ya want."

Mark reluctanty shook his hand. He didn't fully trust Jackie yet, he could tell Dark didn't either.

"Nice to meet you too"