Shoplifting

Third person POV

I am extremely tired while writing this. Make of that what you will.

To put it bluntly, Boris and Theo were starving.

Xandra and Larry were both away at an overnight (more specifically, over multiple nights) trip to the casino. They left no food. Boris had been staying at Theo's for the past few weeks as his dad, at first, was in a heavy drinking spell and therefore a heavily violent spell, and then had to be whisked away for another mining project.

Yesterday the two boys had almost ventured to a store, tired and hungry, but their fatigue ultimately got the best of them. They stayed watching reruns of The Simpsons, drooling over the cartoon donuts and pizza. 

The next morning, Theo was determined to get Boris up and about, willing to go to a store, even if took him bribing the other boy with drugs. If Theo threatened to sever his stream of pharmaceuticals, Boris would do practically anything. And at this point, Theo had no problem doing as such. After all, he'd done worse.

White light poured through the cracks in the curtains, gracing strips of the bedroom in radiance. They were lucky enough to have light blocking curtains, especially in the summertime, but sometimes it kept them from waking up at a reasonable hour. 

Theo squirmed out of Boris's slumbered embrace, gently removing the other boy's arm from his waist. "Potter..." Boris mumbled, eyes still closed, reaching out for Theo's warmth. 

"Boris, wake up. We're going to the store today so we don't go hungry tomorrow." At this, Boris popped his head up.

"Do we have money for that?" he asked, brushing hair out of his eyes and searching for his shirt.

"Does it matter? When was the last time we paid for something?"

"Touché," Boris replied, slipping on Theo's favourite of his shirts, faux vintage with the Soviet Union flag on it. "Which store? The shopping center one might be best; security is pretty lax there."

Theo nodded. "That's what I was thinking. We should come up with a list of stuff, yeah?" 

Theo stretched his arms after rolling out of bed and then helped Boris out, gripping his hand. They wobbled together, unsteady in their tired haze. Boris wasn't exactly a morning person, but he made efforts for Theo.

"Right. I'll get the paper; you get the pen." 

Theo did as such, and together they compiled of a list of what deemed 'essential'. Others may have contrasting opinions, but what can you expect when you have to teenage boys shopping for themselves? Theo had Boris write everything out, enjoying his scraggly, angular handwriting. 

-bread (NOT the American wonder kind)

-cheddar cheese, pre-sliced

-oreos

-grapes

-rootbeer

-sliced turkey 

-pretzels 

-cheese puffs

-watermelon

-gummy bears

-beans

-tortilla chips

They finished, deliberating their list. Theo's eyebrows crinkled and he turned to Boris. "There's no way we're going to successfully steal all this." Boris just smiled.