6:9| Ruthanne ✦ pain

6:9| Ruthanne ✦ Pain

"there seems to be a break out in ---"

The aide suddenly burst into her room, but his voice was drowned out by the sharp pain that struck the left side of Ruthanne's torso. She let go of the bowl of rosewater she was holding as she crumpled to the floor, the glass bowl shattering on the marble floors.

"Lady Ruthanne— are you alright?" The aide asked worriedly. Ruthanne bit her lip, while furiously blinking the tears in her eyes. She held her left side tightly, forcing the tears back in her eyes.

Pain, never came with the scars before.

It hurts so bad her vision was turning black and she was seeing stars in the back of her lids. For the longest moments, she couldn't breathe, submerged in a world of hurt and pain. Whatever the holy order had been talking about seems important, but right now it was just flying through her head.

When it finally subsided, she was breathing heavily, sweat dripping from the side of her forehead. The saint was holding her hand, while her fellow priestesses were all crowding around her.

If, by theory scars would be reflected to whoever her soulmate is then.....

The knife in her hand glinted with the moonlight. She bit her bottom lip, steeling her resolve. It's just for a few seconds, compared to the pain he had to be enduring on the other side.

"Are you out of your mind Ruthanne?" A cold hand clapped around her wrist, halting her. She looked up, bottle green eyes glinting with tears... to see the saint's firm expression.

Harriet had always been benevolent, a bleeding heart really. The incarnation of Lady Lora herself. And Harriet had been her friend in this Esoa Temple.

"It had never hurt like this before Harriet," But then she had burst out crying. For all her life she shared his burden but.......In the most important moments why does she have to be so useless? "It hurts. It hurts so bad Harriet. I-I have you guys. But what about him? What if he's out there.... suffering alone?"

"So what do you plan with that knife?"

"Oh, I'm not planning to die," Ruthanne clarified. "I'm just going to write my name on my arm."

"You know... it doesn't work like that Ruth," Harriet smiled sadly, while wiping her tears. "It doesn't work like that my friend. Many have tried before you." Intentional scars do not reflect on your soulmate after all. Especially words.

"Then what should I do Harriet?" It really sucks when someone was trying to comfort you, you end up crying more.

"Trust the goddess, in time she will let you two meet."

"Hey Harriet..... does the Goddess hate me?" Harriet stilled when she asked that question, that Ruthanne was almost afraid of the answer.

"No, my friend the goddess hates no one!" Harriet furiously shook her head. "You will meet him. By the goddess' will."

Ruthanne reluctantly surrendered the knife to Harriet.