3

I woke up feeling… happy.

Well, that’s a first in a long time.

I decided to get dressed on the fancier side this morning since it was my birthday.

I put on black skinny jeans and a white crop top. I then put on small amount of makeup and did my light brown hair in a loose bun.

When I went to go downstairs my phone peeped, signaling I had a text.

Tess: Happy Birthday Bitch!

I laughed and sent a quick thank you and see you later before I went into the kitchen where all my family was.

“Well don’t you look pretty.” My mom said.

Not happy birthday.

I should have known.

“Erm, thanks mom.” I sat down at the table beside Demi. I placed my chin in my hand and just picked at my food. My appetite had disappeared.

“So Mads,” Demi said happily. “Your birthday is in two weeks. What do ya wanna do?”

“I don’t know. Can we go out for dinner?”

“Anything for the birthday girl.” Mom laughed. I looked down as I felt my eyes get watery. “You’re not eating?” she directed towards me.

“I’m not hungry.” I whispered, fearing my voice would crack.

The doorbell rang and Demi jumped up. “I’ll get it!”

--Lauren’s P.O.V--

The girls and I had been in Texas for about two days now. We had been staying at Normani’s until we would go to Dallas and surprise Lexie for her birthday.

Now we were situated on the porch in front of her house with a cake, balloons and gifts.

Demi answered the door and got a confused look on her face. “Hey guys.”

“Hi, where’s the birthday girl?” we walked past her into the house.

Demi trailed behind us. “What are you talking about? Maddie’s birthday is in two weeks.”

We ignored Demi because we jumped into the kitchen yelling. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEXIE!”

I looked at Lexie and examined her. She looked beautiful, as always, but sad. Her eyes were glassy and her nose slightly red. I looked around the room and all of her family members were looking at her with wide eyes.

“You okay Lex?” I asked her.

She gave me a sad smile and stood up, walking up the stairs.

Dianna had her head in her hands. “Oh my god…” she whispered.

Well, that’s not a good sign.

I quickly ran after her and to her bedroom. The door was closed so I knocked on it.

“Lexie?”

“Come in.” I heard a small voice say at the other end of the door. I opened the door and saw her sitting on the floor, her back leaning against the bed.

I sat beside her. “You okay?” she nodded and sniffled. I scooted closer to her. “What happened?” I asked quietly.

She shook her head. “Nothing, it’s stupid.” She leaned her head back and closed her eyes. Few tears fell from her eyes.

“No it’s not stupid. Tell me.” I placed an arm around her. She put her head on my shoulder and I kissed it. “Please?”

“They forgot…” She whispered.