14

I woke up with a pounding headache. I groaned and slowly opened my eyes. I saw Demi’s tear stained face and Dr. Wright was talking with my family.

All of the events came back to me and I felt sobs wrack my body. Everyone just waited for me to calm down and soon there were just tears streaming down my face.

“How long?” I whispered looking at Dr. Wright.

“A month…”
I just shook my head and took in a shaky breath. “What am I supposed to do?”

“There are options… you could terminate the pregnancy-“ I cut him off.

“I’m not killing it. I could never do that.” I whispered.

“Okay, there is adoption-“ I cut him off again.

“I don’t want it to fell unwanted, I don’t want it to think I didn’t want it.”

He sighed. “Then the best option is to keep it…”

I fiddle with my fingers. “I don’t know what to do…”

I felt someone grab my hand and I looked up at my mom. “Whatever you choose to do, we’ll support you.”

“What if I keep it?” I whispered.

“Then I guess I should get used to be called grandma.” She smiled and kissed my forehead. She wiped my tears away and I smiled slightly at her.

“I’m gonna be an aunt?” Demi squealed and I nodded. “I’m gonna be an aunt!” she yelled happily.

“Me too!” Dallas yelled.

“Don’t forget me!” Maddie joined and they all went into a group hug.

“It’ll be fun to have a little munchkin running around the house again.” My mom said and I nodded.

Was it weird I was a little bit excited? And happy?

----

“Now if you need anything, we’ll be right downstairs.” Demi said.

I had been home for two days and I was put on bed rest until my injuries went away.

“I know Dem.” I laughed.

She chuckled and kissed my head before leaving the room.

“Demi!” I yelled an hour later.

I heard people run up the stairs and barge into my room. “What’s wrong?”

“I’m bored.” I grumbled.

I heard relieved sighs. “Thank god…” Demi muttered. “What if we just have a movie day here?” she asked and I nodded.

“I’d like that.” I smiled.

A little bit into the movie I felt my phone vibrate and I checked it and saw a text from Lauren.

Lauren: Hey Lex, how are you feeling?

She had texted me when I got from the hospital but I didn’t tell anyone I was pregnant. The only people that knew were my family. Also, no one knew why I was in the hospital in the first place.

Lexie: Okay I guess

Lauren: That’s good guess what?

Lexie: What?

Lauren: We’re coming to Texas in two weeks!

Lexie: OMG No way! If you’re messing with me, I’ll kill you.

Lauren: I swear I’m not kidding Lex!

Lexie: I’m looking forward to it Lo ;*

“Seriously Lex, watch the movie.” Demi laughed.

“Sorry Dem.” I chuckled.

Lexie: I’m sorry Lauren, Dem wants me to watch a movie. I’ll see you in two weeks.

Lauren: See you Lex.

“So… who was that?” Maddie asked.

“Lauren…” Demi and Dallas gave each other a knowing look.

“Oh you were?” Demi grinned.

“Yeah…” I quirked am eyebrow. “What?”

“Nothing.” She smirked and I focused on the movie again.

I trailed my hand along my stomach, rubbing small circles on it.

It’s weird kind of.

I have a human being inside of me. I have the DNA of the person I despise the most in me.

Yet, still, I can’t wait.

----

Basically just a filler chap...

Only a few chapters left :(