Chapter Six

Ricky spent almost the whole day getting ready and travelling to his new home. The flight itself went really smoothly, he was seated next to an old happy couple on the plane who was asleep for most of the flight.

When the plane took off and they were now in the air, Ricky found himself stressing more and more, and he couldn't help but wonder if this was the right decision.

He eventually found a distraction by choosing to watch a movie but he was stuck between two choices: camp rock and lemonade mouth.

He smiled at the two options he had, remembering the girl from his dream and the interaction they had the night prior.

Am I ever going to know her name?

After a few minutes of deciding what to watch, he finally chose lemonade mouth. It was his favourite movie after all.

The next thing he knew, he was there, in Salt Lake City. The place he was going to call home for the next year.

+

"Guys! I miss you so much, let's hang out today," Nini Salazar- Roberts says, while on a video chat call with her friends, Ashlyn, Kourtney, Carlos and Seb.

"Yes please, I miss seeing all of your faces," the red head responds.

"Ugh," Carlos grunts, "I miss seeing my face too, I'll be right back, I need a mirror," he gets up and disappears from the screen, coming back seconds later with a mirror in his hand.

"Never mind, I take that back, I don't miss Los," Ashlyn says, rolling her eyes.

"Sooo, diner tonight?" Seb asks the group.

"Duh, where else would we go?" Kourtney responds, causing the group to laugh.

"Can someone drive me please! My moms are taking the car tonight," Nini says.

"Sure, I'll take you Neens, anyone else?" Kourtney replies.

"Me too! I'm not in the mood to drive," Ashlyn says.

"And I'll go with Sebby," Carlos says.

"Okay, I'll see you all tonight!" Seb says, ending the call for everyone so they could get ready.

A couple hours go by and now Nini is sitting in her room waiting for Kourtney to pick her up. She receives a text shortly after saying that she and Ashlyn were outside on her driveway, so she sends a quick text back and heads downstairs.

"Bye moms! I'm going out with my friends," she announces as she approaches the front door to put on her shoes.

"Okay baby, don't stay out too late, Mama D and I are leaving soon too," Carol says.

"Okay, bye love you! Have fun on your date." Nini opens the front door and heads to Kourtney's car heading to their place, the diner.

Every time the group would hang out, they would always go to the diner, ever since their parents let them go out by themselves in middle school.

They would always go after theatre rehearsals, birthday celebrations, and even when they felt like they were at their lowest, this was and will always be their safe place.

It always felt so comfortable, so complete, and it only became better after Kourtney got a job there.

The group spent the rest of the night laughing and reminiscing on the memories they have made. Every once in a while bringing up the fact that they're seniors and will be graduating at the end of the school year.