Chapter Thirteen

tw // this chapter will have some underage drinking.

Friday:

"Party tonight at my house! Everyone's invited." Ej yelled throughout the halls of East High. "Hey Ash, party at my house," he said, walking past his cousin and her group of friends.

"Oh really? I couldn't tell by the sound of yelling coming from every hallway." She replied sarcastically, rolling her eyes as he walked away, causing her friends to laugh.

"So, we're going to the party, right?" Nini asked her group of friends.

"Yes! I can't wait!" Kourtney beamed.

"Yea, I guess, but Neens I'm coming over to yours to get ready." Ashlyn said, followed by three 'me too's' coming from the rest of the group.

"That's fine, but only if Kourt agrees to do my makeup," Nini compromised.

"Deal!" her friend agreed. "So who's going to be the designated driver?"

"I call Seb."

"Sebby."

"Sebastian." Carlos, Kourtney and Nini all said at once.

"Hey, don't I get a say?" Seb responded, a bit of offence hinted in his voice.

"Oh honey, we know you don't drink." His boyfriend replied.

"Ugh," he grunted, "fine I'll be the driver."

"Okay great! So Nini's house after school, see you all there!" Ashlyn said, as the bell rang, signalling that it was time for first period.

+

Ricky was sitting in his room, alone, on his phone, ready to go to the party Ej was throwing.

He was feeling nervous, he's never been to a real high school party before. He has only ever seen them in the movies he would watch with Annie or Red. Even then, he thought that the parties that were being portrayed were unrealistic.

He checked the time: 8:30. The party didn't start until later, but he had nothing to do, so he decided to head over to Ej's house early to help set up.

He walked downstairs to see his dad, step mom, and brother sitting on the couch in the living room, watching a movie.

"Ricky!" Spencer exclaimed, jumping up from in between his parents to give Ricky a hug.

During the past week, Spencer and Ricky have gotten closer. They started watching movies together, going to the park together, and a beautiful bond was built between them.

"Hey buddy," Ricky smiled, looking down at his short brother.

"Where you headed?" Mike asked, straightening his posture.

"I'm going over to Ej's house, if that's okay. He's having a back to school party, so I thought, might as well go and meet new people." He explained.

"Oh, okay, that's fine. Have fun." Mike said as Spencer ran back into his arms. "Bye, bud!"

Ricky said his goodbyes and walked out the door, making his way over to Ej's house.

When he arrived, he noticed how early it actually was and that he would probably be the only one there. Still, he walked up to the door and was greeted by Gina.

The two friends helped set up for the party and soon enough more and more people started walking through the door and into the house.

Almost the whole time he was at the party, Ricky was following Ej and Gina around, getting introduced to new people who he now knows as his classmates.

After a while of walking back and forth between the kitchen and the living room, he got tired, so he sat down on the couch with a drink in his hand.

He hadn't drank much prior to this night, so he decided to be smart and not drink as much.However, his friend Ej, was a big drinker, so he did not hesitate to push Ricky into drinking some more.

So that's how he found himself drunk, sitting on the couch with his eyes closed and his head tilted back so he was facing the ceiling.

After a couple minutes, he opened his eyes and leaned his head forward again, looking at the group of people dancing to the loud music that blasted throughout the house.

It started to get more crowded as more people entered the room. It all felt so overwhelming to him so he decided to get up and find either Ej or Gina and tell them he was going to leave.

He stumbled a couple times as he was finding his way through the house, but as he was looking at everyone's face, to see if his friends were near, then he saw a very familiar one, he saw Nini.