Chapter Nineteen

author's note- from this chapter on i'm probably going to be adding social media posts just cause i already have them from when i did this au on twitter + it would add more!

also, you could probably guess the accounts based on the @ and display name (rants have the locks!) but if you are confused just ask and i can clarify!

and time stamps don't matter!!

After school, Nini met up with some of her friends in the school parking lot, standing by Ashlyn's car.

"I really need a strawberry milkshake right now," Nini whined as she dragged herself into the passenger seat.

"Ugh, same," replied Ashlyn.

"Good thing I have a shift in 10 minutes, let's go," Kourtney said, pointing into the direction of the diner. "I'll text Seb and Carlos to meet us there."

Once they got to the diner parking lot, Kourtney immediately unbuckled her seatbelt and ran out of the car so she wouldn't be late for her shift, while the other two girls remained in the car, waiting for Carlos and Seb to join them.

"Ugh, they're taking forever, let's just go in. I need a milkshake," Nini demanded after a couple minutes of waiting.

Ashlyn laughed at her friend, "okay, fine. Let's go."

The two girls grabbed their backpacks from the trunk of the car, in hopes of doing homework, and walked inside of the diner. Instead of going to the bar, they went straight into a booth so they could be more comfortable.

After a few minutes, milkshakes now in front of them, Seb and Carlos came into the diner and walked up to their booth.

"Hey guys!" Seb chirped.

"Hi, what took you guys so long?" Ashlyn asked.

"Miss Jenn wanted to talk to me about the musical, but it was just the usual," Carlos replied, sitting next to Nini while Seb took a seat next to Ashlyn.

"What are you guys doing?" Seb asked.

Nini groaned, "homework. I'm so done with calc, I don't get any of this," she dropped her head onto her hands which were resting face down on top of her textbook.

The three laughed at Nini and proceeded to make conversation while her head was still on the table, tuning out every word that was being said.

+

"Down for some fries and a burger Bowen?" Ej asked as he walked up to Ricky's locker, holding hands with his girlfriend.

"Sure, but you're paying for my food," Ricky replied to the boy.

"Um, who said?" The raven haired boy asked, confusion filling his face.

"I just did. Besides, you owe me from when we were in kindergarten and I let you sit next to Gina on the carpet."

"Bowen's got a point," Gina said to her boyfriend.

"Fine," he groaned, accepting defeat.

Once they got to the diner, Ej and Gina walked in first with Ricky following behind. They looked to the booth they usually sat at and saw that it was occupied.

"Aw man, they got here before us," Ej said, upset that they wouldn't get to sit in their normal booth.

Ricky looked past his two friends to see who was sitting at their booth. He immediately recognized them as Nini's friends and smiled, but his smile dropped as quickly as it appeared on his face when he saw the brunette with her head resting on the table.